Nice to meet you all!

vmondesir

Reaction score
Hi everyone! :wave:

My name is Valerie, I currently reside in South Florida. I'm pretty young, 22 years old, but I've had hearing loss in both ears for almost 17 years now. Growing up I've always isolated myself because I stuck out like a sore thumb. I grew up not knowing anyone with hearing loss or anyone who is deaf. But as my hearing loss has gotten worse over the years (I have profound hearing loss now), I'm recognizing the importance of keeping myself connected to the world (isolation sucks) and trying to make the best of my life. Also, I love being online because as we all know, the internet is the great equalizer!

I currently work as an accountant assistant and I am a graduate student studying for my MBA in Finance. I have a blog on personal development at InsightFull Blog (InsightFull Blog by Valerie Mondesir). I am also in the process of trying to start an e-store selling aromatherapic bath products - my first foray into entrepreneurship if you will.

I look forward to interacting with you all. :P

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Your comment is much better than advertising. :thumb: Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

welcome! yay! another young one! (there are only a few of us here.. so we are glad to see another!! :D)
*EQL*

:welcome: to Ad!
You'll meet a lot of Dead/Hearing/HoH people here :D

Dead!!!!! :shock: :lol: You mean Deaf, not dead. That is what hearing people pronounce not knowing that there is a f instead of d, except they pronounce as Death. :lol: :roll:

Oooh I'm sorry :( What's going on with me? I usually read before I click "post quick reply" but now I'm not thinking right :( My bad.

And I'm not hearing :shock:

Welcome to AllDeaf Valerie. I am in South Florida as well. But double and then add some to your age and you got me.:lol:

Oooh I'm sorry :( What's going on with me? I usually read before I click "post quick reply" but now I'm not thinking right :( My bad.

And I'm not hearing :shock:

I know that you are not hearing. It is your typos that is making the letters error. I am just saying that hearing people, not you, mispronounced the letter d or th after the dea. I read their lips when they say that. I am not dead or going to death. :roll: Corny, is it? :hmm:

I know that you are not hearing. It is your typos that is making the letters error. I am just saying that hearing people, not you, mispronounced the letter d or th after the dea. I read their lips when they say that. I am not dead or going to death. :roll: Corny, is it? :hmm:

Yeah, I understand :) Same happens here but with other words. Spanish is a complicated language with lipreading.

:wave:

Nice to meet you

:dance2::dance2:
Hi everyone! :wave:

My name is Valerie, I currently reside in South Florida. I'm pretty young, 22 years old, but I've had hearing loss in both ears for almost 17 years now. Growing up I've always isolated myself because I stuck out like a sore thumb. I grew up not knowing anyone with hearing loss or anyone who is deaf. But as my hearing loss has gotten worse over the years (I have profound hearing loss now), I'm recognizing the importance of keeping myself connected to the world (isolation sucks) and trying to make the best of my life. Also, I love being online because as we all know, the internet is the great equalizer!

I currently work as an accountant assistant and I am a graduate student studying for my MBA in Finance. I have a blog on personal development at InsightFull Blog (InsightFull Blog by Valerie Mondesir). I am also in the process of trying to start an e-store selling aromatherapic bath products - my first foray into entrepreneurship if you will.

I look forward to interacting with you all. :P

Back