Newly Deaf and forever gay

tdurrant

Reaction score
I lost my hearing in my left ear at birth for unknown reasons. I lost my hearing in my right ear to due to progressive hearing loss. Although the doctors cannot find a reason. My Deafness happened in the last semester of my social work degree so I had to leave to deal with that and another medical issue. Ironically I have a minor in sign language studies. I love to sign but suck at reading sign. My partner learned sign when she was younger but is the opposite of me. She reads sign better than I read. My stepkids and their dad and step mom dont understand sign either. I am hoping to meet other Deaf people and possibly Deaf gay people to make new friends with. I dont have many friends due to my busy lifestyle and deafness. Any friendship and support is welcome!

Welcome. I hope you find a warm community here. I noticed when scrolling through the selection of boards here, there is one specifically for the GLBT community. You should find some support there.

As far as getting better at reading signs, that's just practice, practice, practice! You could try ASLpro.com, and just watch the videos over & over, faster & faster, and train your receptor skills. Best to you in your latest lifestyle adjustment. :cool2:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around in this site. :wave:

Im a lesbian and recently move to Jax, Florida

Hi all I just recently move to Jacksonville Florida. I am trying to figure out where do deaf gay and lesbians people hang out in Jacksonville. Thanks

Back