New

No I'm super new to this I've been learning from a couple of books

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I see, you're only learning from these books and no classes at all, right? That's why practicing is probably a good idea. How long have you been learning from it?

Yeah I plan on taking a class in the fall but I've had the books for a couple of years but I started practicing again a couple of months ago

That's good idea to take a class this fall. Practice by chatting would help alot, for example: one of my friend who just went deaf became good at sign language within months because he was socializing with other deaf people.

Yeah that's why I figured this site might be cool to join

I'm afraid I'll learn it wrong on my own

Welcome :D If you like ASL and you have not taken a class yet, you will probably love it even more when you get into one.

No, no classes yet and a I totally think I'll love it when I do take a class I already love when I'm talking and realize I can sign the whole sentence I just said :)

It's quite the feeling when you see a conversation (which isn't polite to watch btw) for the first time and can understand it.

Yeah I think I'd feel very accomplished it's harder for me to like read it than it is for me to sign it

Back