New VP-200 Announcement Video Clip ASL

looks like it won't come out this year but probably 2 to 3 yrs ..

No, it will come out this Summer of 2006. But give everybody 100%? It will take two to three years becuase many, many, many of Deaf/Hard of Hearing people, include hearing people who know how to sign language... That's what website said.

Sweetheart said:
No, it will come out this Summer of 2006. But give everybody 100%? It will take two to three years becuase many, many, many of Deaf/Hard of Hearing people, include hearing people who know how to sign language... That's what website said.
right that means I won't get it right off the bat in summer 2006 but maybe Jan 2007! or whatever! depending on where they start the rollout in any of the state. for sure Utah will be the first to complete the rollout then oregon.

so not all states will get them at same time... they have schedule to implement the rollout in each state. plus the training of staffs from each states. that's why 2 to 3 yrs!

go back to http://www.sorensonvrs.com/apply/vp200.php and read the top again.. it only said MORE DETAILED INFORMATION not release in summer of 2006 :)

So that means when summer 2006 rolls around, we will see more information about vp200 like how it works and specifications. features etc etc etc... :)

Boult said:
right that means I won't get it right off the bat in summer 2006 but maybe Jan 2007! or whatever! depending on where they start the rollout in any of the state. for sure Utah will be the first to complete the rollout then oregon.

so not all states will get them at same time... they have schedule to implement the rollout in each state. plus the training of staffs from each states. that's why 2 to 3 yrs!

I know, but if you already have VP-100, so you might will be on the first list to getting VP-200. I don't know 100% for now, not yet... Wait until get more information more abt that, so we can know more abt it. :dunno:

Sweetheart said:
I know, but if you already have VP-100, so you might will be on the first list to getting VP-200. I don't know 100% for now, not yet... Wait until get more information more abt that, so we can know more abt it. :dunno:
no I won't be first on the list. my friend who is vp installer and he's not trained yet.. just vp100 so when time comes around he and bunch of other installers in my state will attend workshops for installers only.

Boult said:
no I won't be first on the list. my friend who is vp installer and he's not trained yet.. just vp100 so when time comes around he and bunch of other installers in my state will attend workshops for installers only.

I do have a VP-100, and I checked on that website. He said that people who already have VP-100 dont have to apply for VP-200, it will add them up in the list for VP-200. If, dont have VP-100, go ahead to apply for VP-200, just be patient and waiting to seeing if you get an email from them for VP-200, that's all.

Sweetheart said:
I do have a VP-100, and I checked on that website. He said that people who already have VP-100 dont have to apply for VP-200, it will add them up in the list for VP-200. If, dont have VP-100, go ahead to apply for VP-200, just be patient and waiting to seeing if you get an email from them for VP-200, that's all.
right but that's not the point.. the point is that my friend who is a vp installer in the same state I live in IS NOT TRAINED FOR VP200 YET! that means my state won't be the first to rollout regardless if I have vp100 or not.

I do have vp100 so I am on the list already but that does not means I will get it first. no..

SorensonVRS will have a schedule of when to install in EACH STATE. they can't roll out at the same time.. for example UTAH will be firs and it may take few months to complete the rollout then Oregon next few months than Texas for few months then so on. it won't be summer 2006. the website says "more detailed information will be out in summer 2006" so no definitive date for official release of vp200 YET. since they are STILL beta testing. I hear that UTAH finished beta testing now Oregon has started the beta testing.. you have to realize that Sorenson VRS has several CALL CENTERS in several states that needs to be beta tested and ready for final before the actual rollout to begins.

Here's my take on the whole thing.

Sorenson promises that everyone who has a VP-100 will eventually get a VP-200. That's a tall promise. That also means that everyone who has a VP-100 will wait until they get a VP-200, and not accept anything that any other company comes out with anything better, because they want to wait until Sorenson gives them what Sorenson "promises them."

It also means that if Sorenson takes their sweet time getting everyone VP-200s, no one can complain, because Sorenson promised, and because Sorenson already told everyone it will take years. Meanwhile, anything else that comes out, Sorenson tells everyone, "wait! If you get another VP from someone else, you can't get a free VP-200. So wait, wait wait wait wait wait using our VP-100 until then."

That also forces every other VRS provider to be stuck giving away VPs that are free, because otherwise, you wait until you can get a free VP-200. Hearing people don't get free phones. Hearing people get free stuff if they pay for it later.

Now, the big question is this:

What will Sorenson do with all those VP-100s they take back?

Will they trash them? Most likely not.

Will they upgrade them? Most likely not.

Will they give them to other countries and force them into the same situation the U.S. is in today, where Sorenson has a monopoly on the VRS market and controls most of the VRS and videophone services, and uses it to force those countries to follow what they demand, instead of letting the best services come forth? That's what I'm thinking.

I'm thinking Canada is going to get flooded by VP-100s as U.S. people somehow get VP-200s. I'm also thinking that VP-200s will take many more years than 2 or 3 to roll out, as they can't possibly manufacture enough VPs at no cost to simply swap out everyone in 2 years.

So, bottom line is this: if you're thinking you'll get a VP in 6 months, good luck. Most likely, you won't see your VP-200 until 2008. Someone has to be on the bottom of the list -- will it be new applicants? Will it be certain areas of the U.S.? Will it be those people who are not using a lot of VRS? Will it be random?

I'll take a VP-200 if it was free -- but I'm not going to wait holding my breath.

It is already coming out here in the state of Oregon. But I am pretty sure that I wont get VP 200 until early summer as there are many other people waiting for VP 200 too.

Dennis said:
So, bottom line is this: if you're thinking you'll get a VP in 6 months, good luck. Most likely, you won't see your VP-200 until 2008.

good you wait until 2008 cause youre a complainer.

Dennis said:
I'll take a VP-200 if it was free -- but I'm not going to wait holding my breath.

I wait few months not years.

RedheadGrrl said:
I have VP 200 installed last March 20th. I love it.

What is it like ? I am still waiting to get VP-200 and I already love my VP-100 :cheers:

qwerty123 said:
good you wait until 2008 cause youre a complainer.

I wait few months not years.

Am I a complainer or am I a realist? You're the one who believes in the pie in the sky and that you'll get a VP before, say, 75% of the rest of the VP users get theirs. Everyone is hoping that they get theirs first. I don't think your odds are good, even if everything Sorenson promises goes to plan.

I'll bet that I'm right, qwerty. You think you'll get yours in a few months, eh? Are you on some kind of preferred VP user list? I'd love for you to prove me wrong, really. Post here when you get your VP-200. You won't get it before the end of 2006. In fact, I'll bet that I get my VP-200 before you do.

The video on Sorenson VRS web site SAYS that the existing VP-100 users will get the VP-200 without applying, they're automatically being put on the waiting list, while the new users have to apply. They did NOT say who will get it first, so please hush! You think you know it all, so please don't assume it without asking Sorenson with offical answers. I am not going to follow what you guys are saying, you could be wrong. It takes 2-3 years to cover the whole US just like the VP-100 did when it was released in around 2001 or so. Please get the facts straight out FROM Sorenson's web site, not from what YOU think.

Thanks!

sequoias said:
The video on Sorenson VRS web site SAYS that the existing VP-100 users will get the VP-200 without applying, they're automatically being put on the waiting list, while the new users have to apply. They did NOT say who will get it first, so please hush! You think you know it all, so please don't assume it without asking Sorenson with offical answers. I am not going to follow what you guys are saying, you could be wrong. It takes 2-3 years to cover the whole US just like the VP-100 did when it was released in around 2001 or so. Please get the facts straight out FROM Sorenson's web site, not from what YOU think.

Thanks!

I agree with you .... Dennis complains like Nesmuth :zzz:

RedheadGrrl said:
I have VP 200 installed last March 20th. I love it.
yeah right, you are beta tester right? so what.. we talking about non-beta tester :D

Heath, Its so different from 100. Alot of my friends have problem with the picture blurry when they were trying to talk with me since I have 200.

Boult, my installer never told me if I am a beta tester. All he did was installed it. I dont care if u were talking abt non-beta tester.

Back