New to deaf technology. Any help is greatly appreciated.

ID

Reaction score
I am in the market for a new cell phone or PDA or pager or any technology that has to do with text messaging.

I'm going to graduate college in 3 more quarters so the demand for having a cell phone or text message device is high especially when I’m going to work full-time.

I can hear (through CI) and talk as long it's someone I am familiar with... like my family. But most of the time it will be text messaging.

I am looking for something that fits my needs:

1. Monthly payments no more than 50-60$ or cheaper.
2. Text-messaging. (A must.)
3. I would prefer a PDA or pager like the sidekick or BB but I wonder how much it'll cost me per month depending on telephone service? My parents are signed under Verizon... but I can sign with other company if necessary.

I am new to this technology so any insights or important information is appreciated.

Thanks for taking your time reading. :ty:

It doesn't matter what phone you pick, it the celluar plans that you set up and you choose the plan you want.

Example

Sprint have a basic voice plan for like 200 minutes for 30 dollar a month then you can add unlimited text message for 15 dollar a month and if you want to use data IM like AIM or MSN you will need to add data to the plan for another 15 a month so it would cost about 60 a month. (only example prices can be wrong but it what I recalled last time I visited thier store) but that plan is for any smartphone or pda they offer.

Different ceullar provider are priced different. Some do not offer unlimited text or offer like 500 text with data and voice etc ..

Best is to find out what is the most coverage ceullar in your town and go to thier store and check thier pricing and what pda they offer.

Bill

Based on what you posted, a Blackberry from just about any carrier will work. You need to determining which carrier has coverage in the area you will use it. Coverage is the first priority. T-Mobile (tends to be cheapest) works well for me, but may not for you.

Back