New Neo Nazis alive and well in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it has something to do with a form of rebellion against cultural norms - and finding that small group to align yourself with?

Ive noticed that most neo-Nazi's tend to be young caucasian males who are still impressionable. Some of these males come not from redneck trailer trash parks, but from suburban neighborhoods with a middle class income.

Woman, submit unto me! :lol:

Seriously, I think the conclusive goal is the need to belong and the belief that one cannot belong without that one way . . . that appeases God, local culture, and hopes for the future. I don't want to get wrapped up into religions' role within human society and I do, clearly, understand its pervasive role.

It is good to belong. All desire that sense of feeling. What could make Neo Nazis turn toward that kind of belief when, it seems, the rest of us belong without such extremes?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they do not feel like they belong in their community or are very insecure which leads to them needing to belong to a group that resorts to violence to feel superior or get a false sense of security?

shel - I dont think these groups can just go 'join' their local neo-Nazi club - they have to be recruited. So I think these groups prey on lonesome kids that lack friends, when these kids are approached, they go along with the group to get a sense of belonging.

Same theory of needing to belong to something, but perhaps the group approaches the loner they feel is suitable for the evolution of their movement???

Not saying you are right or wrong, but rather trying to bring a new angle to it.

Does the urgent need of belonging arise out of something lacking?

I have not witnessed any Atheist voice in this discussion and, therefore, find no need to address that concern.

My greater concern is finding out why . . . why is it so easy for friends to bring friends into a pre-disposition that is unbecoming? My local church in New Orleans has sought to rectify that problem by creating programs that focused on teenagers ("future is hope"). I only see the "filing of ranks" in the "army against the world."

Where, as a community, have we failed to fulfill? What could be lacking that they would turn to a hateful stance upon society?

Why be a Neo-Nazi?

shel - I dont think these groups can just go 'join' their local neo-Nazi club - they have to be recruited. So I think these groups prey on lonesome kids that lack friends, when these kids are approached, they go along with the group to get a sense of belonging.

Same theory of needing to belong to something, but perhaps the group approaches the loner they feel is suitable for the evolution of their movement???

Not saying you are right or wrong, but rather trying to bring a new angle to it.

And those willing participants accept the recruitment due to the need to feel like they belong...

I undy what u mean ..it is all about one's need to feel like they are someone.

As long as we plan to keep diversity in the human race, I don't think there is going to be a solution. Because someones going to rebel against the thought of full racial, religious, and ethnic acceptance, just because it is something to rebel against.

So, there will always be someone, somewhere shouting against whatever is to come - out of fear that their group's standard will no longer be true?

Maybe, maybe not. Some people (especially teens) like to rebel, just because they like to rebel to be noticed. Its a form of "Hey look at me I'm x and you all are y!"

As long as we plan to keep diversity in the human race, I don't think there is going to be a solution. Because someones going to rebel against the thought of full racial, religious, and ethnic acceptance, just because it is something to rebel against.

Yea..either because of their personalities or environmental influences.

My friends in Europe tell me that this anti-immigrant sentiment arises from the invasion of Arabic/Middle Eastern community.

That's true, just look at Holland and few other countries with this problem. Australia has a bit of the same issue too.

So it's not surprising that the Germans have a problem with Neo-Nazis, but few other countries have the same problem like Russia for one. I believe so many young Germans are fed up for being made to apologise or being guilted for Holocaust.

I saw a documentary about white power or neo-nazism, and it was interesting. Very alive and going on strong in parts of Europe and America.

This issue is a complex one, which I do not see being resolved anytime soon.

That's true, just look at Holland and few other countries with this problem. Australia has a bit of the same issue too.

So it's not surprising that the Germans have a problem with Neo-Nazis, but few other countries have the same problem like Russia for one. I believe so many young Germans are fed up for being made to apologise or being guilted for Holocaust.

I saw a documentary about white power or neo-nazism, and it was interesting. Very alive and going on strong in parts of Europe and America.

This issue is a complex one, which I do not see being resolved anytime soon.

Are u talking about people of German descendent or people who live in Germany?

I think German descendent and perhaps some non-Germans.

I dunno about that..I am of German descendent and my family never felt the need to apologize for the Holocaust.

I dunno about that..I am of German descendent and my family never felt the need to apologize for the Holocaust.

Oh sorry, I mean Germans who grew up and live in Germany.

Schools in Germany teach them about Holocaust and make them visit a concentration camp, and placed importance on apologising for the Holocaust.

On my maternal grandfather's side, they'd come to the United States before the Civil War. On my maternal grandmother's side, they'd come to the United States after the Civil War. From Germany.

Our loyalties has always been with the United States and, yes, my family - deaf or not - has had to prove it by action. Life was not easy during World War II.

As for the younger German generations, I can empathize with the question of, "Should I be punished for the sins of my father?"

On my maternal grandfather's side, they'd come to the United States before the Civil War. On my maternal grandmother's side, they'd come to the United States after the Civil War. From Germany.

Our loyalties has always been with the United States and, yes, my family - deaf or not - has had to prove it by action. Life was not easy during World War II.

As for the younger German generations, I can empathize with the question of, "Should I be punished for the sins of my father?"

On my father side, family came from Germany after Civil War.

Mod's Note:

This thread has been reopened.

Last edited:
Mod's Note:

This thread's closed requested by the creator of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back