New easy to use, inexpensive video communication technology

Bill L

Reaction score
My associate (an MIT Masters EE) has developed a new video conferencing technology that is entirely web based with no software required. It is very simple to use—nothing to install. All needed is a webcam and internet connection. It also has a text option.

You can communicate one-on-one or with a large group. Best part is—it’s quite cost effective—only $1.50 to use it for one hour.

I’ve been asked to find some applications for it and wondered if it could find a needed one as a deaf technology product?

I would really appreciate any feedback on this?

My associate (an MIT Masters EE) has developed a new video conferencing technology that is entirely web based with no software required. It is very simple to use—nothing to install. All needed is a webcam and internet connection. It also has a text option.

You can communicate one-on-one or with a large group. Best part is—it’s quite cost effective—only $1.50 to use it for one hour.

I’ve been asked to find some applications for it and wondered if it could find a needed one as a deaf technology product?

You can use Skype way cheaper.

Hello, welcome to ALLDEAF, nice try! I never heard of such thing as "Nothing to install" Plus "no software required". So, you expect to be able to waltz in and have everyone believe you, eh eh?

I've used it 3 times now and only thing I installed was a webcam. I'm most inept when comes to any technology. Skype might be cheaper however, does Skpye have abilty to simultaneously post text while on video conference? And does it support 100's of attendees simultaneously?

I've used it 3 times now and only thing I installed was a webcam. I'm most inept when comes to any technology. Skype might be cheaper however, does Skpye have abilty to simultaneously post text while on video conference? And does it support 100's of attendees simultaneously?

Why yes!

OK Thanks. Have not used Skype before and unfamiliar with it. Is there any application then this might have at all as deaf technology product or is Skpye preferred for video communication and conferencing?

Who gets paid? There are countless of softwares that are web based, if not, very easy to install by clicking Next, next, next, finish anyway. I don't think anyone is going to pay $1.50 an hour if us deafies have access to and been using software similar to that for free for the past few years. Yours is nothing to call home about.

OK Thanks. Have not used Skype before and unfamiliar with it. Is there any application then this might have at all as deaf technology product or is Skpye preferred for video communication and conferencing?

Or Oovoo - oovoo

Thanks for your input.

Guess I thought it might have application after readying a post in another thread--before I started this one:

"I would imagine that if the FCC stops or suspends its funds to all video relay services. I read somewhere that a videophone fee cost between 6 to 7 dollars per minute. Wow!
Sure, that's scary for all of us!"

Thanks for your input.

Guess I thought it might have application after readying a post in another thread--before I started this one:

"I would imagine that if the FCC stops or suspends its funds to all video relay services. I read somewhere that a videophone fee cost between 6 to 7 dollars per minute. Wow!
Sure, that's scary for all of us!"

It wouldn't matter as there are now so many free video calling opportunities that deaf and hearing alike can access.

your associate is developing a videophone type product and you dont check out the competition? seems like a silly buisness strategy to me!

*EQL*

Back