New arrival!

Kiweagle

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm a New Zealand expatriate living in the US looking for some new adventures and friends. Only just discovered this site today and thought I'd join in the fun.

I have severe hearing loss that resulted from the German Measles my mother caught while still pregnant with me and consider myself extremely lucky given the many other complications that can result from it.

I make my living through multimedia, graphic design and the audio-video arts, but have a particular fondness for anything involving adrenalin and hyphenated sports, e.g. bungi-jumping, scuba-diving, hang-gliding, sky-diving, etc.

Hello. Lots of rubella babies live here. Hope you enjoy yourself and learn a lot. :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Thanks

Thanks for making a guy feel welcome. I already feel a kinship with many of you simply on the basis of all that we have in common and hope that I can contribute to the discourse in some way that helps all of you as much as you help me.

Kia Ora, Kiweagle,

Welcome to AllDeaf! :)

Nice one!

Wow, very cool greeting from ~SG~. The waving flag of our excellent country (which I immediately stole) and the Maori hello.

Makes me want to do the Haka!

Australia?

How do you hack it in the land of poisonous spiders and snakes? Getting picked on much, or do they better tolerate those they perceive as Kiwi bludgers? *chuckle* Brother I hero-worship was born in Perth, and many of my English rellies live there, so I'm willing to cut the roos some slack - except where Rugby and drinking are concerned.

Wow, very cool greeting from ~SG~. The waving flag of our excellent country (which I immediately stole) and the Maori hello.

Makes me want to do the Haka!

Heh yeah I'm a Kiwi too. So, I'll always be a Kiwi in heart. :)

How do you hack it in the land of poisonous spiders and snakes? Getting picked on much, or do they better tolerate those they perceive as Kiwi bludgers? *chuckle* Brother I hero-worship was born in Perth, and many of my English rellies live there, so I'm willing to cut the roos some slack - except where Rugby and drinking are concerned.

Ah, I have seen couple of poisonous spiders and even a spider that is large as Australian 50 cents coin. :shock:

I have seen a snake moving down on the road where I live so fast. It's amazing to see how fast the snake moves. Oh I dunno what kind of snake.

LOL There's always the usual Kiwi and Australian jokes.

It is very laid back... well, very very laid back in Western Australia...

Heh yeah I'm a Kiwi too. So, I'll always be a Kiwi in heart. :)

Have you had a chance to seen Clint Eastwoods "Invictus"? It turns out to essentially be about the way Mandela used Rugby to help ease tensions between the races. The classic irony is that the final match is between the Springboks and the "All Blacks".

All the talk about "Jonah Lomu the Indestructible" is pretty hilarious, and it is also interesting how the movie glosses over some of the more controversial aspects of the game, such as the horrendous job the refs did in the game.

Fantastic movie though - highly recommend it. Not really sure American audiences could relate to it though, given their almost complete ignorance of anything not related to Baseball, Football (American) or Basketball.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Us, Canadians, love the sport for hockey. Favorite team is Toronto Maple Leaf. Sometimes we will root for Ottawa Senators if Maple Leaf don't win. I was very happy for Canadian women or girls winning the gold medals in Vancouver Olympic hockey game. Yay!!!! Hockey is our number one game. :D

G'day Kiweagle!
Welcome to AD. Hope you'll make friends here.

I am one of the rubella babies, too.

Cheers!

Have you had a chance to seen Clint Eastwoods "Invictus"? It turns out to essentially be about the way Mandela used Rugby to help ease tensions between the races. The classic irony is that the final match is between the Springboks and the "All Blacks".

All the talk about "Jonah Lomu the Indestructible" is pretty hilarious, and it is also interesting how the movie glosses over some of the more controversial aspects of the game, such as the horrendous job the refs did in the game.

Fantastic movie though - highly recommend it. Not really sure American audiences could relate to it though, given their almost complete ignorance of anything not related to Baseball, Football (American) or Basketball.

I didn't had a chance to see "Invictus"... I'll check it out if it shown on Foxtel digital satellite movie channels (a bit like NZ SKY digital satellite). :)

Back