new Android app for Parents with hearing problems

Gilad

Reaction score
Hello, mates.
I've developed an Android application assisting parents to little babies who sleeps with them.
Parents who can't hear the crying of their baby sometimes are confused and frustrated.
This app came in aid for solving that problem by vibrating and flashing when the baby cries and the decibel level arrives at a certain point.
Note that this app is not a medical device at all (!), and use it at your own will and risk, if any.

Download from Google Play store:
Download

Hope you will find this application useful.
Any comments regards the app will be happily received.

Wish you all best regards and good luck, Gilad Eshkoli.

sounds like an interesting app and something that would work well in situations where a family can't have a dog for some reason (where they live don't allow pets, cost, traveling etc).

I would rather had a hearing dog to alert me when my baby was crying .

And then the last thing some of us want around AT ALL is a DOG!!!!!!! I am well past childbearing age but do not like dogs at all and never did.

Those that do like them are welcome to them but don't expect it to be the answer for everyone.

And then the last thing some of us want around AT ALL is a DOG!!!!!!! I am well past childbearing age but do not like dogs at all and never did.

Those that do like them are welcome to them but don't expect it to be the answer for everyone.

Alright, already! There wasn't the slightest indication anywhere that a dog is the only answer! :lol:

In her working life, my stepmother was a psychologist.

She always emphasizes the many benefits for social, emotional, and physical development having a dog brings to children.

She always emphasizes the many benefits for social, emotional, and physical development having a dog brings to children.
I agree..

but sadly sometimes that won't always work. Money (I'm too broke to even care for one...let alone take care of myself right now), allergies (more so for cats but there are allergies to dogs), fear due to trauma etc (I'm sure that can be worked through.. though it took me a long time with big dogs).

We didn't have a dog or any kind of pet growing up. We turned out pretty good (for the most part). Interestingly enough- 1 sibling has cats and 1 sibling has had 2 dogs (one passed away a few years ago). I had 2 cats (3 if you count the one I babysat for 9 months) but had to give them up. Maybe someday I'll go for a dog.. but not til I'm financially stable...

I agree..

but sadly sometimes that won't always work. Money (I'm too broke to even care for one...let alone take care of myself right now), allergies (more so for cats but there are allergies to dogs), fear due to trauma etc (I'm sure that can be worked through.. though it took me a long time with big dogs).

We didn't have a dog or any kind of pet growing up. We turned out pretty good (for the most part). Interestingly enough- 1 sibling has cats and 1 sibling has had 2 dogs (one passed away a few years ago). I had 2 cats (3 if you count the one I babysat for 9 months) but had to give them up. Maybe someday I'll go for a dog.. but not til I'm financially stable...
it's really good to wait. Dogs are innocent and helpless, so you really do need to be able to provide for them.

For me, not only did I have autism, but I was bitten pretty badly by a dog, when I was five years old. The dogs I had growing up were really a form of therapy.

And I do have asthma and pet dander allergies. I take medicine for it, and adopt dogs that are more hypoallergenic.

I love dogs now, but am very cautious with dogs I don't know.

What kind of allergy meds do you take for the pet dander? I take Benadryl but only at night because it puts me to sleep during the day.

What kind of allergy meds do you take for the pet dander? I take Benadryl but only at night because it puts me to sleep during the day.

Zyrtec, and I also have an inhaler for the asthma.

Well, they have a device...been out a long long time now, its called...you ready for it?
A Baby Monitor. I used one when my son was born. It sits in his room and you either sit the reciever on a table by you or wear it. It had lights that would light up depending on sound level and when it hits a certain level it will vibrate fo the alarm only went off when a baby cried but you could listen as well for when the baby was awake and calm/playing. They also have them with cameras so you can watch the baby as well. Your iPhone/Android wont do that.

and some new stuff
http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...43.2255984.3252271.13373654&parentPage=family

Well, they have a device...been out a long long time now, its called...you ready for it?
A Baby Monitor. I used one when my son was born. It sits in his room and you either sit the reciever on a table by you or wear it. It had lights that would light up depending on sound level and when it hits a certain level it will vibrate fo the alarm only went off when a baby cried but you could listen as well for when the baby was awake and calm/playing. They also have them with cameras so you can watch the baby as well. Your iPhone/Android wont do that.

and some new stuff
Summer Infant Baby Touch WiFi Video Monitor & Internet Viewing System - Summer Infant - Babies "R" Us
Before you all start hooting like a bunch of rabid apes, first I was refering to a product that has been out for quite some time, Lastly there is already a new product out that can connect with iphone/androids that is better than just a "sound detector" he supposedly made...smh

HELLO Jane and DD! I was talking about what I would rather have and not you or anyone else. Don't get your panties in a twist ! :roll:

And a landlord has allow a person to have a service dog.

Alright, already! There wasn't the slightest indication anywhere that a dog is the only answer! :lol:

:ty: Tousi ! I am glad you got what I meant . You're right I never said a hearing dog was the only way to go. I happen to be better with dogs than
technology , technology is not for everyone.

If you think I am child for rather having a hearing dog you are dead wrong.

It sound like you saying I was a child for using a hearing dog. I was the one that brought a dog up.

Yes you were.

And then the conversation continued.

If you were to draw the logical conclusion from my post, you might see what it referenced.

In fact, if you looked at who I quoted, it would be a simple matter to determine whom I was talking to.

I wonder why you always think people are thinking of you, even when they quote someone else.

It's not just me. This is becoming a frequent behavior on your part going on the attack for posts you think might apply to you, that obviously were not intended for you.

You have even attacked some people who were supporting your viewpoint.

Last edited:
Botti - as an aside - post #6:)

WDYS!, I'm also much better with dogs than with technology:wave:

and like Botti, I also have pet allergies and have been labeled as having asthma, for which I took medication some years ago but not currently.
I have a number of environmental and topical sensitivities and am also allergic to dairy <not lactose intolerance>.
I take Claritin and Benedryl and try to have Benedryl with me because I've had more serious reactions <not anaphylaxis>

....ok, well back to OP.....

Botti - as an aside - post #6:)

WDYS!, I'm also much better with dogs than with technology:wave:

and like Botti, I also have pet allergies and have been labeled as having asthma, for which I took medication some years ago but not currently.
I have a number of environmental and topical sensitivities and am also allergic to dairy <not lactose intolerance>.
I take Claritin and Benedryl and try to have Benedryl with me because I've had more serious reactions <not anaphylaxis>

....ok, well back to OP.....

I have pet allergies too ,, I did not when I was younger but as I got older it showed up in an allergy test . It was was not bad enough to get shoots I was told the take Claritin . I had said already I only meant myself about using a hearing dog so I really can't understand what all the fuss is about.
Marty is part poodle and that is not hard on my allergies .

Back