Need suggestions! I'm in love!!!

He-Dan

Reaction score
I'm starting a relationship with a wonderful girl. She is the most amazing woman I've ever dated so I can tell she is a total keeper. She also happens to be 100% deaf. She lost her hearing in an accident one year ago and she's 23, so she's had her hearing her whole life up until that point.

Just looking for ways to ensure her and I can communicate well. I really love her a lot so I want to do anything I can to help bridge the communication gap. She's really cool and understands that I'm trying my best even though I fall short on communicating sometimes.

Any input or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!!!!

Ask her if she willing to take Sign Language class together.

If she is not interested. writing always help.

Love to hear stories like this!....It's Love!....ahh...she's late-deafened, so is she lip-reading now?....Perhaps you both could take classes for ASL....and "make-up" ur own way of talking/understanding each other....
Best of luck to both of you!

Love to hear stories like this!....It's Love!....ahh...she's late-deafened, so is she lip-reading now?....Perhaps you both could take classes for ASL....and "make-up" ur own way of talking/understanding each other....
Best of luck to both of you!

Thanks :lol: Yeah, I need one more class to graduate and it can be anything. I think I'll take an ASL class. It would be super sweet to have her there with me :aw:

Yeah, she's lip reading now but said she knows as much as a 2nd year ASL student. I asked her about texting then showing her my phone when we're together and she thought that was a very good idea! (got that idea from this site, BTW). The little notepad could work too.

Back