Need some help please!

Amy&Alex

Reaction score
My son is 14 profoundly deaf, and does not have his CI mapped nor on. He has just moved home, I need to get some products to help keep him safe. I would sooo love to get the alarm clock for him, so his sister doesn'f have to wake him:) Also though, I have seen some of the prices on sites, and they are sooo out of my range, Im just curious if anyone can point me in the right direction. thanks!!

My son is 14 profoundly deaf, and does not have his CI mapped nor on. He has just moved home, I need to get some products to help keep him safe. I would sooo love to get the alarm clock for him, so his sister doesn'f have to wake him:) Also though, I have seen some of the prices on sites, and they are sooo out of my range, Im just curious if anyone can point me in the right direction. thanks!!

Regarding the alarm clock, what is your price range? A vibrating-type like I have (Sonic Boom) is around $50-$75 brand new. You might be able to find a used one cheaper on ebay.

I have a alarm clock from Sonic Alert and I LOVE IT! Works well I NEVER sleep through it and it doesn't wake up anyone else cept my dog who sleeps with me. My mom never wakes up from the vibration even though her bedroom is right beside mine. It can make noise or vibrate or do both at the same time. I do vibrate only but it also has lights that flash on it too while it goes off :)

Also something to alert for the door is nice. Maybe you guys can get a dog for the deaf? or a dog in general. I use my dog to alert me when there is someone at the door. I live in an apartment but can never hear the door knock even if I'm in the living room.

That's the main thing I find are my priority. Oh and smoke alarm but if he doesn't live on his own and has you guys that's not as big of a priority I guess.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=sonic+alert+clock&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Back