need help Vp-200

VenomLugz

Reaction score
well, I called my friend and I can't see his view but I asked my friend if he can see me and he said he can see me.

I need to know what number that I can take test for view to view.

Okay I see that you got VP200 so that's from Sorenson. Here is two VP numbers you can try.

For Testing yourself "Test Back" VP 801-287-9400

For Technical Support VP 801-287-9403

Good Luck!

well, I called my friend and I can't see his view but I asked my friend if he can see me and he said he can see me.

I need to know what number that I can take test for view to view.

i had this issue, but i think based on my experience the problem is on your friend's side. the problem for me was that i use linksys router which is not good for vp. i have to let other friends vp me, so we can see each other both ways. your friend might have to let you and others vp him or her for it to work.

you can't see becusae you must Router's manage (http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1) then click Applicaton/Game or DMZ, then you see DMZ 192.168.(1 or 0).____ <--- you check VP-200 setting->Network->Address same number
and
Public IP->"Auto-detected public IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

Good Luck

Linksys Wrt300n Setting And Vp200

LInksys WRT300N Firmware verison 1.03.3

when you login into Linksys set up page

open the browser you have to enter the URL address : 192.168.1.1 to pop up the login

when you got pop up the login : you have to enter the password: admin but user id or user name (leave blank)

after login successful,

you will see basic set up page you do not have to change it and you have to click to "Applications & Gaming" tab and you see "Single Port Forwarding" page do not need to change "Single Port Forwarding" you have to click to "DMZ"

you see "DMZ" page: when you see DMZ is Disabled, you have to change to "Enabled"
you do not have to change "Source IP Address" and selected " Any IP Address"

if you see "Destination" -- IP Address 192.168.1. you have to put 125

click Save Settings then Close Browser

If you use WiFi on your desktop or laptop,

click Start ---> Connect to ----> Wireless Network Connection ----> click "Support" tab -----> Click "Details" you do not close it
until you have to complete for your VP settings
or Start ----> Show All Connections----> (right click) "Wireless Network Connection"----> click 'status" ---> "Support" tab---->"Details"

Or If you are connected via Ethanet for your laptop or desktop

click Start --->Show All Connections----> (right click) Local Area Connection ----> click "status"----> click "Support" tab ---"Details"

you have to go VP200 videophone: that your VP connected to thorugh an ethanet to Linksys WRT300N router

you have to click "Settings" then "Network" then "Address"
you have to click Edit when you see pop up "Caution" window if you know the access code you have to enter your access code when you got success for access code to thorugh IP Address Settings

If you do not have an access code you have to call Soresnon VRS Techincal Support at (801) 287-9403 VP to obtain for your access code.

you have to remove " Obtain an IP address automatically (DHCP)

you have to modify the settings are:

IP Address: 192.168.1.125
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.1.1
Host Name VP200

you have copy from Network Connection Details windows to your VP200:

you will see DNS if you have 2 DNS Servers from your own ISP you have to put in your VP200 setting for manual DNS Server from your ISP for Primary & Secondary DNS
when you finish put both of DNS Servers then click OK then restart VP200 and VP200 reboot few minutes when you got appears for your VP number mean you are success.

To test call to Tech Support VP 801-287-9403 when you connect Tech Support to make sure it works for sending and receive without blocking

if you have only one DNS Server If you don't have Secondary DNS Server you just leave blank on "Secondary DNS" you just put Primary DNS when you have only one DNS server. then click OK restart VP200 when after reboot until you got your VP phone number appears mean it's works

when you are done setting you can close all of the Network Connection windows and .you enjoy the VP chat or call VRS anytime

It finally work! and I can see my friend's vp anyway, I wanted to tell you guys thank you for help me out.

Update

UPDATE EDIT AS OF FRIDAY MAY 30 2008

LInksys WRT300N Firmware verison 1.03.3

when you login into Linksys set up page

open the browser you have to enter the URL address : 192.168.1.1 to pop up the login

when you got pop up the login : you have to enter the password: admin but user id or user name (leave blank)

after login successful,

you will see basic set up page you do not have to change it and you have to click to "Applications & Gaming" tab and you see "Single Port Forwarding" page do not need to change "Single Port Forwarding" you have to click to "DMZ"

you see "DMZ" page: when you see DMZ is Disabled, you have to change to "Enabled"
you do not have to change "Source IP Address" and selected " Any IP Address"

if you see "Destination" -- IP Address 192.168.1. you have to put 125

click Save Settings then Close Browser

you have to go VP200 videophone: that your VP connected to thorugh an ethanet to Linksys WRT300N router

you have to click "Settings" then "Network" then "Address"
you have to click Edit when you see pop up "Caution" window if you know the access code you have to enter your access code when you got success for access code to thorugh IP Address Settings

If you do not have an access code you have to call Soresnon VRS Techincal Support at (801) 287-9403 VP to obtain for your access code.

you have to remove " Obtain an IP address automatically (DHCP)

you have to modify the settings are:

IP Address: 192.168.1.125
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.1.1
Primary DNS: 192.168.1.1
Secondary DNS: (blank)
Host Name VP200

The router will do for Public DNS automatically.

you are ready to call on VP or VRS.

Okay, I am of need assistance with a different router - NetGear Wireless CG814GCMR. The cable guy came over here recently and set up. The VP200 does not work now, is there a way I can get the VP to work again?

Call Sorenson Tech support @ 801.287.9403 and they should be able to help you.

Okay, I am of need assistance with a different router - NetGear Wireless CG814GCMR. The cable guy came over here recently and set up. The VP200 does not work now, is there a way I can get the VP to work again?

you have to check your owner's manual how to put DMZ settings put with 192.168.xx.125
instead of 192.168.xx.1

Last edited:
Thanks diehardbiker and coolguy, I was able to get the VP to work fine - the Sorenson VRS router was the problem. It isn't needed as the wireless cable modem has built-in router.

Usually it is best not to have more than 1 router in any system, and your welcome.

Thanks diehardbiker and coolguy, I was able to get the VP to work fine - the Sorenson VRS router was the problem. It isn't needed as the wireless cable modem has built-in router.

Netgear router

I m here to see if anyones help me out with Netgear.. i know Netgear will work with VP 200 but i just need know how to set up to open dmz etc... ports please let me know ..

Thanks.
Craz

Back