Need D & HH of Central Florida??

marym

Reaction score
I need to know how many people in Central Florida that are Deaf and Hard of Hearing. I am HH and wants to start a club. I have found the perfect way to learn to keep your speech sharp, listen/reading and having fun. This will help you to speak or sign with no fear in front of anyone. Want more information please give me your email and I will add you on my list and give you more information. Thanks, Mary
:ty:

Right. But the wording sounds like the early stages of a sales pitch. Not that I am making an accusation here. Realize that there have been many that try to spam here, so after awhile members get leery of newbies with "the perfect way" to do something non-deaf.

Good luck to you.

oh... well I am new here. I probably should have started with who I am. My name is Mary.. of course you know that. lol I am totally deaf in my right ear and my left ear I only hear 30 percent. I have to wear an hearing aid in order to hear. I have been deaf since 3 years old. I had spinal menigitis when I was three. My family didin't find out until I was 6 years old! I read lips real well! Any way sorry for not introducing myself and hope I didn't offend anyone. I am eagerly to meet and learn new friends. :)

No worries. I was not trying to judge. Relax and read some of the threads. Lots of great folks around here!

I think where I screwed up is asking for emails....just ignore that and maybe later on life I can start a club in the future. :)

oh... well I am new here. I probably should have started with who I am. My name is Mary.. of course you know that. lol I am totally deaf in my right ear and my left ear I only hear 30 percent. I have to wear an hearing aid in order to hear. I have been deaf since 3 years old. I had spinal menigitis when I was three. My family didin't find out until I was 6 years old! I read lips real well! Any way sorry for not introducing myself and hope I didn't offend anyone. I am eagerly to meet and learn new friends. :)

As long as you are not trying to get people to give you money , I am sure everyone will welcome you.

We see a lot of spammers, and they usually start out like your first post.

I think where I screwed up is asking for emails....just ignore that and maybe later on life I can start a club in the future. :)
Feel free to edit that post if you like. Sorry to come across as unwelcoming.

As long as you are not trying to get people to give you money , I am sure everyone will welcome you.

We see a lot of spammers, and they usually start out like your first post.
Agreed. We are a bit testy when it comes to "you can blend into the hearing world better, and I have just the method" threads.

That ok... I should have waited and read for awhile on the post and I probably would have learned! And to Bottesini... I do not want any money.. Thanks, I hope everyone will welcome me. I was really excited to see this website. So I guess I got carried away. I am in a club for public speaking and thought of an idea. I used the club to help me speak clearly and learned to listen more. No biggie. Maybe I will just tell you my story once a week and let you know how I am progressing. Oh by the way its called Toastmaster International.

I have heard of Toastmasters. Welcome to our little spot.

That ok... I should have waited and read for awhile on the post and I probably would have learned! And to Bottesini... I do not want any money.. Thanks, I hope everyone will welcome me. I was really excited to see this website. So I guess I got carried away. I am in a club for public speaking and thought of an idea. I used the club to help me speak clearly and learned to listen more. No biggie. Maybe I will just tell you my story once a week and let you know how I am progressing. Oh by the way its called Toastmaster International.

Toastmaster's? Isn't that for hearing people?

Yes. But a few HH have join and its working so far. I have been in it for 2 years now. It has help me alot! I used to go speech therapy when I was in High School. But now adult and can't afford it. I was 44 years old and wanted to speak better and learn to get rid of the fear of speaking or challenge my self in front of people. Someone mention Toastmasters, so I join. Its hard but no regret!

i wanted to start a club for signing and speaking. Their isn't one in Toastmaster. I would be the first I believe. Still searching thou.

I need to know how many people in Central Florida that are Deaf and Hard of Hearing. I am HH and wants to start a club. I have found the perfect way to learn to keep your speech sharp, listen/reading and having fun. This will help you to speak or sign with no fear in front of anyone. Want more information please give me your email and I will add you on my list and give you more information. Thanks, Mary
:ty:

Good luck. I have very little luck communicating with my oral deaf sister. We both speak without signing growing up. Our conversation rarely go anywhere other than "huh, what, eh" to each other. So I'm more likely won't attend to this type of thing without thinking about how exhausting I had with other deaf because I don't know any visual sign languages.

I do know there is a deaf meet up at a Starbucks in Clermont, FL or thereabouts. I got lost when riding with a buddy to it since I am not from that area and she had to pick up 2 other people. I am in South Florida. We have a Deaf Club in my area of which I am a member. It really depends on where in Central Florida you are talking.

Back