Need bit of help here... Ear Tubes....

downing

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to ask you guys on board abt the ear tubes.

My oldest son had his done when he just turned one, he had them for two years now, I can see the tube on his left ear just came out from his ear drum and is practically just sitting on his ear canal.

The question is, should I take it out or let it fall out from the hole of his ear? I can see the green plastic tube looking right back at me. I knew the color of them bec my son's ear doctor made me look in his ears and see the position of it and color of the tubes.

Other tube is practically stuck on his ear drum on his right ear. Should I call ear dr to have it removed?? Or should I wait for the tube to fall off on its own naturally for his right side? This is a new thing for me.

Much apprecitated!!!! :thumb:

I would recommend you to take your son to doctor for the check. I would not do that when I were you because remove something from ear is too risk.

hmm..I will call ear dr to be on safe side. I wouldn't do anything stupid to harm my son's ears like probing or prying. He would run for his life. :shock:

downing,

Angel's son had ear tubes done too. Maybe she will know what to do for your son. :dunno:

I'll let her know about this thread. ;) Hope everything is okay with your son's ear tubes.

Hi Downing...

My second son had his ear tubes done too when he was 5 years old because the fluid wouldn't drain out of his ears, the fluid caused him to have ear infection quite often since the age of 1 and he had ear tubes in for 4 years until one of them fell out by itself, the other one was visible in his right ear, and I used tweezers to take it out as the doctor told me to....

If you can see the ear tubes in your son's ear, then you can take them out, it will not harm him but if you leave it alone too long, it may fall right back in and can cause more harm or problems....

Did your son's doctor give you ear plugs also to keep the fluid from going inside your son's ears when he goes swimming or get his hair wet? That keeps the ear tubes from falling out too soon...

Thank you Cheri for pointing this thread out!

Back