need alittle help from the deaf

deafman6975

Reaction score
i need anyone who is deaf to try and exsplain to my wife, who is hearing .some of the things we go through in everyday life.such as how hard it is to read lips all day long.and how the deaf uses exspreasion through signing.like when i sign and ask what ' i always get accused of being mad or looking agravatided.how we use vibration. and i don't know about everyone else but my eyes are vary keen on picking up the slightest bit of movement.i would be greatful if someone or everyone could help out. i live in cecil county md . i don't think many deaf people live here because this place is dumb when it comes to the deaf. anyhow looking forward to reading any replies thank you

where is cecil co? I live in Northern VA... hmmm.

Maybe you can write a letter to your wife expressing your feelings and opinions since I have noticed that People don't want to sit and listen someone babble away. Once it is written on a piece of paper, it makes the person sit down and really read the letter.

I guess that is only way it works as I have noticed so far. Yes, I agree with you that deaf do have to go through entire day trying to lip read and trying to understand, gets frustrated because some people don't want to put up with that waiting for a deaf person to try understand them what the people are trying to say. (ingorance).

I am deaf mom and my hubby is deaf, we are very very expressive, somehow our sons who is 3 and 1, they are very expressive and we are able to understand them better, it is only body language that you can understand what they are trying to say, like face expressions. U can tell if they are not happy or total pissed off. We can read people like hearing people's faces, they make faces, and like for an example if a person get pissed off and won't tell me in person. I would be blunt and ask what is the problem, they get shocked and think we are that dumb to understand what is bothering them even they can't tell that their face shows it all?!

Yes, some people do get wrong impression by expressive thinking, "ohh he is so mad or pissed off" They tend to jump on guns here. U have to be patient and tell them, no no I am only just expressing and tell them, "thought u may find this funny whatsoever".

Oh yes, I do feel vibrations constantly by loud noises, I ask people, they don't get it or get shocked and thinking oh boy she can feel instead of hearing it. I guess vibrations is our 6th sense since our hearing is lost in the senses area, i guess vibration/feelings is our replacement??

Oh yeah, visualization is strongest area for deaf people, because they make sure they don't miss out anything. Can't blame that area. It is common.

I have noticed people in D.C. metro area like VA, DC and MD are really ingorant with deaf people. They still think we are deaf, dumb and mute. It is sad that we still have to educate them and will do until we grow old and die. That sucks.

Back