Navigating a Forest of Information...One Tree at a Time

Boult

Reaction score
Cochlear Implants
Navigating a Forest of Information...One Tree at a Time

Excellent website.. Very informative.

Veiw them in HTML:
Cochlear Implants: Navigating a Forest of Information ... One Tree at a Time--KidsWorld Deaf Net E-Document--Gallaudet University's Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center

or Get them in PDF (113 pages, 1.35 mb)
http://clerccenter.gallaudet.edu/KidsWorldDeafNet/e-docs/CI/CI.pdf

They are worth reading for prospective parents who are exploring into CI areas.

If you get them in PDF, I second what it says on second page... encouraging you to copy and disseminate this paper. (that is after printing them out :) ) Perfect for offline reading...

Boult:

This is an "excellent" website! Just like you said, "very informative" and I have to agree! Thank you for sharing this with us! :)

Thanks for the website, Boult. I would caution, however, that when one spends too much time looking at the tree, they are prevented from seeing all the other threes that make up the forest. In other words, concentrating on restoring hearing (tree) often blinds people to the issues of literacy, adjustment,socialization, and language (forest). As the old saying goes, "He can't see the forest for the trees."

Thanks for the website, Boult. I would caution, however, that when one spends too much time looking at the tree, they are prevented from seeing all the other threes that make up the forest. In other words, concentrating on restoring hearing (tree) often blinds people to the issues of literacy, adjustment,socialization, and language (forest). As the old saying goes, "He can't see the forest for the trees."
Do you enjoy giving subtle insults?

Do you enjoy giving subtle insults?

That was not intended as a subtle insult, or any insult at all. It was simply an observation directed at no one indiviual, but at anyone, in any position that refuses to see the big picture. Do you enjoy making unfounded accusations?

True..never thought of that. It is a good and informative website when taken with an open mind.

Boult,

Thanks for sharing this website. This was one of the first websites I checked when researching CIs. Very informative! :)

Back