Natural Remedies?

fulminty

Reaction score
As I've got allergies, I'm always on the lookout for anything to improve my symptoms or calm any sinus infections.

Something I've found that works pretty well is aromatherapy, the use of essential oils. I mix equal parts lavender, eucalyptus, and peppermint oils in a small amber vial, and put a few drops into some steaming hot water. Breathing in the vapors *POPS* your sinuses open.

While I use the oils for other issues, I keep a large batch of this handy at all times.

Anyone have their own remedies?

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

As far as seasonal allergies LOCAL honey is supposed to work, my aunt and cousin swear by it. In fact my aunt mentioned it just today.....she ran out a couple weeks ago and has been miserable. I haven't tried it, I want to though, just have to find it. She recommended checking at the farmers market or health food store.

It sounds like aromatherapy would be a pain in the ass and just treat the symptoms.....not actually make it so you didn't HAVE any symptoms, which personally I would prefer.

My father was a beekeeper, and even back then local honey was known to address the root cause of pollen-borne allergies. The process of desensitization, through broken-down pollen particles.

Wirelessly posted

The farmers market actually sell the bee pollen particles in bottles for that very reason.

Well I'm allergic to dust mites...which are everywhere...I WISH they were seasonal. As for the essential oils, they are way more effective than Vicks VapoRub and operate on the same basic principles. Plus works okay as an insect repellent which is important here in Florida.

Vicks Vapo Rub may not do much for allergies but I know for a fact that it flat out killed dead all athletes foot conditions from my thirty miserable years in heavy work boots and fire retardant clothing and then chemotherapy.
I tried everything from the store, the doctors, and my own increasingly desperate experiments. Ths included by the end putting pure bleach on the affected areas. When I say I have tried things it is a wide and varied serious endeavor.
Vicks Vaporub on my feet for three weeks and it was gone for good everywhere including what had me walking bowlegged off and on for a decade. True story somehow it must have gone into my bloodstream is the only explanation. Maybe it got into my brain too no no way.

Call me crazy but it worked. Sorry I can't help with the allergies I am still working on that, 50 years and still not much progress. grrr

As I've got allergies, I'm always on the lookout for anything to improve my symptoms or calm any sinus infections.

Something I've found that works pretty well is aromatherapy, the use of essential oils. I mix equal parts lavender, eucalyptus, and peppermint oils in a small amber vial, and put a few drops into some steaming hot water. Breathing in the vapors *POPS* your sinuses open.

While I use the oils for other issues, I keep a large batch of this handy at all times.

Peppermint oil (Mentha piperita) - information on the origin, source, extraction method, chemical composition, therapeutic properties and uses.

Just because something is natural does not mean it safe for everyone, so people should really be careful
trying other people natural remedies.

Peppermint oil (Mentha piperita) - information on the origin, source, extraction method, chemical composition, therapeutic properties and uses.

Just because something is natural does not mean it safe for everyone, so people should really be careful
trying other people natural remedies.

I agree. Be careful what products you use, even if it says 100% pure essential oils always does not mean that it is pure which is why I trust dōTERRA brand of essential oils. No fillers, no pesticides. I can explain more reasons.

Peppermint, lemon, and lavender in capsule helps with allergies.

I treat common colds with Nature's Way Elderberry capsules and Nature's Way Sambucus Immune Syrup. Our planet truly is resourceful

Also, great quote
"doctors and teachers won't tell you this because this world is set up to keep us down. its against the law for a medical doctor to prescribe natural or holistic remedies for diseases. if caught, they may lose their license or spend time in prison. some doctors don't believe in an alternative way of thinking and living, others aren’t in tune with it, others blatantly keep the information secret because medicine is big business and if everyone was healthy then hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, and mainstream doctors would go out of business."

My dad has been using medical weed for 45 years and says it helps him with pain to allergies. I've never seen my dad sick. I guess some natural products help while it may not help everyone the same way.

Been a while, but I get it too when I visit home in NC. I don't like to treat symptoms alone, only feels like I'm masking it - plus, the problem is still there. A lot of allergies initiate histamine release in the body causing a over reaction of all kinds of symptoms. What is needed is an antihistamine to relieve this reaction, in my experience, I've tried quercetin and stinging nettle herb caps and brewed then into a tea. I had varying results since every cap has a different potency, but it naturally works as an antihistamine. Keep in mind herb use doesn't last long (4-6 hours), drink some through the day warm for max absorption.

If pollen is clogging your passageway, steam, salt water steam, hot honey, etc should break the mucous down and flush it all easily.

Vicks Vapo Rub may not do much for allergies but I know for a fact that it flat out killed dead all athletes foot conditions from my thirty miserable years in heavy work boots and fire retardant clothing and then chemotherapy.
I tried everything from the store, the doctors, and my own increasingly desperate experiments. Ths included by the end putting pure bleach on the affected areas. When I say I have tried things it is a wide and varied serious endeavor.
Vicks Vaporub on my feet for three weeks and it was gone for good everywhere including what had me walking bowlegged off and on for a decade. True story somehow it must have gone into my bloodstream is the only explanation. Maybe it got into my brain too no no way.

Call me crazy but it worked. Sorry I can't help with the allergies I am still working on that, 50 years and still not much progress. grrr

Wow...that's a humdinger....have a friend that suffers from it...I'll pass it on....

Aside from honey, you can try apple cider vinegar and also add probiotics to your diet.

Wirelessly posted

Saline sinus rinse works well to flush the pollen out of the sinuses. Nettle pot or the bottle that comes with the kit.

Back