Nasal infection

OMG! I stunned. I don't know what to say. A least that the infection is gone which is important. Perhaps, you could watch some movies to get your mind off from the pain or surf around on the internet.

Everybody is different, Web Explorer. I knew this surgery was going to be bad. I saw my CT scans beforehand, and I saw what the surgeon saw. Even the scans didn't tell the whole story of how infected everything was. The sole reason I had this done was because of the infection that was present. I was getting sick every two weeks and the antibiotics I was taking wasn't doing squat. Something HAD to be done and I knew it was going to be awful!

... And, it is.

Everybody is different, Web Explorer. I knew this surgery was going to be bad. I saw my CT scans beforehand, and I saw what the surgeon saw. Even the scans didn't tell the whole story of how infected everything was. The sole reason I had this done was because of the infection that was present. I was getting sick every two weeks and the antibiotics I was taking wasn't doing squat. Something HAD to be done and I knew it was going to be awful!

... And, it is.

Yeah, you are right that everybody is different. Just take care yourself.

hey oceanbreeze,. glad to hear that the surgery went well. now you take it easy and rest.. :)

hi folks, regarding polyp, i feel excess usage of nasal sprayer or some pills for nasal infection cause polyp.

Excess use of nasal sprays do not cause polyps. However, it will cause "rebound". That is when the mucus membranes swell in response to constant antihistimine effect from the spray.

murli108 - In the past, I researched it on the internet. Some doctors/pathologists said that polyps are part of the mushroom classification (pollens). But, they still do not know why. The polyps love to live in a warm moisture area inside the nasal. Another research, some said that it has to do with the food allergy.

I have the feeling that a few top doctors know the answer, but they won't do it because of the drug companies. The drug companies made billions of dollars of selling nasal sprays. They are paying the doctors to shut up about it. Please don't roll your eyes. Some authors wrote about it for years, and they do not know the exact the answer, but they are getting closer to find the answer. I am not going to wait for the answer so I just buy a nasal sprayer. Some sprayers make the polyps shrink, but they don't kill them - now you understand what is going on with the drug companies.

The last resort if you need the medicine so badly - Alavert & Sinus and Claritin & Allergy that might help you temporary. They are not quite good because of side effects.

In the past, I researched it on the internet. Some doctors/pathologists said that polyps are part of the mushroom classification (pollens). But, they still do not know why. The polyps love to live in a warm moisture area inside the nasal. Another research, some said that it has to do with the food allergy.

I have the feeling that a few top doctors know the answer, but they won't do it because of the drug companies. The drug companies made billions of dollars of selling nasal sprays. They are paying the doctors to shut up about it. Please don't roll your eyes. Some authors wrote about it for years, and they do not know the exact the answer, but they are getting closer to find the answer. I am not going to wait for the answer so I just buy a nasal sprayer. Some sprayers make the polyps shrink, but they don't kill them - now you understand what is going on with the drug companies.

The last resort if you need the medicine so badly - Alavert & Sinus and Claritin & Allergy that might help you temporary. They are not quite good because of side effects.

Lets not turn this into a debate, Web Explorer. We all have our opinions about how to treat this, but NONE of us are Dr's. The internet certainly doesn't have a medical degree! Furthermore, I am well aware that the polyps are likely to reoccur. I'll cross that bridge when ( and if) I come to it.

I recommend use a neti pot it works for lot of people and myself too it works for sinus. It works the best so far. Although this looks hilarious, the neti pot is actually such a miracle worker. If you have allergies or are fighting a cold, this thing completely clears the nasal passages. As a young opera singer, I use this often, as does my voice teacher. This also has been recommended by Dr. Oz on Oprah.

check it out "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sDIbRAXlg"
it show you what neti pot look like. You can find it in drug store too.

[yt]j8sDIbRAXlg[/yt]

This is the youtube from the link that GarnetTigerMom pasted in above. :)

Oceanbreeze,

I wish ya a speedy recovery and take it easy. :)

[yt]j8sDIbRAXlg[/yt]

This is the youtube from the link that GarnetTigerMom pasted in above. :)

Oceanbreeze,

I wish ya a speedy recovery and take it easy. :)

Is this like a humidifier? I'm not familiar with this neti pot.

Is this like a humidifier? I'm not familiar with this neti pot.

I don't know either, Jillio. I am using a humidifier, though. It helps.

Woke up feeling worse than I did yesterday. Drainage. Vertigo. Tinnitus. I've got all that now, but I called my surgeon, and he has Rx'ed an anti emetic for me, in addition to the other meds I'm on.

We discussed the vertigo. He said it sounds like fluid has been pushed into my ears causing the vertigo. Lovely. Just what I (don't) need. I go back next week to have the packing removed.

:(

Neti pot been around a few years now and it starting to be more popluar now for people to use it to help their sinus and allgeries. I just brought mine last year. It's such a big relief to me and it works! The neti pot is the best little gross-out device on the market today. Being touted as a miracle cure for colds, sinus headaches, and the sleeplessness associated with sinus related conditions, the neti pot is an ancient Indian device that irrigates the nasal passages. Give it a try and I promise you that you will feel so much better. Without being indelicate, you use a neti pot to pour a small amount of saltwater solution into your nose to irrigate your nasal passages and flush out impurities. The goal is to introduce the water into one nostril and have it drain out of the other. As the salt water makes its circuit, it loosens and removes particulates and mucus. Concentrations of mucus and foreign matter that you inadvertently introduce into your system clog your sinus passages, causing headaches, making it hard to breathe, and creating a breeding ground for germs.

Tips on How to Use a Neti Pot:

If you're still interested, here are some tips on using this handy tool:

Make sure that you follow all of the package directions for use, including all cautions.

When making your salt solution, use non-iodized salt.

Use warm water.

Dissolve all salt thoroughly. Partially dissolved salt crystals can cut or score your delicate nasal tissues.

Go slow at first.

This is a new experience and feels a little strange; so don't rush it.

After flushing, be careful to lean forward in order to avoid swallowing water.

There can be quite a bit of impacted material, which is one of the reasons you're so uncomfortable. Don't let your distaste for the process make you lose sight of the benefits.

update

Here's a bit of an update:

I finally feel human again! It's been two days since my sinus surgery, and I actually woke up feeling somewhat...good. No dizziness. No nausea. Some pain, but I've reduced the dosage of my medication (taking one instead of two). I'm still very fatigued and my appetite is still wonky, but that's to be expected. I can't smell or taste anything, so I'm not eating anything decadent. Why bother? Everything tastes like air! :lol:

The negative side of this (if there is one) is I'm draining like a sieve. It's going down the back of my throat and it makes me feel ill from time to time, but I've got meds for that, too.

I'm still taking my antibiotic.

I go back next Wed to have the packing removed. We'll see what happens, then.

I finally feel human again! It's been two days since my sinus surgery, and I actually woke up feeling somewhat...good. No dizziness. No nausea. Some pain, but I've reduced the dosage of my medication (taking one instead of two). I'm still very fatigued and my appetite is still wonky, but that's to be expected. I can't smell or taste anything, so I'm not eating anything decadent. Why bother? Everything tastes like air! :lol:

The negative side of this (if there is one) is I'm draining like a sieve. It's going down the back of my throat and it makes me feel ill from time to time, but I've got meds for that, too.

Happy to hear that you are improving!

ah so glad that you are feeling so much better and improving! I been down that road lot with sinus infections ahh not fun ! :) :dunno2:

Follow up appt

I went for my follow up post op appt today. The packing has been REMOVED!!! He said everything looks good. I'm still pretty raw in there, though, so things are still healing. He is having me irrigate my sinuses several times a day with saline to loosen debris and keep things moist. I also took my last dose of antibiotic this morning. I go back next week for another check up.

I went for my follow up post op appt today. The packing has been REMOVED!!! He said everything looks good. I'm still pretty raw in there, though, so things are still healing. He is having me irrigate my sinuses several times a day with saline to loosen debris and keep things moist. I also took my last dose of antibiotic this morning. I go back next week for another check up.

Yay! No more bothersome packing! Keep healing well.

Great to hear that you have gone through and everything is gone. I am glad to hear that. Yeah I been going to the Dr. for check ups after surgery like when I had surgery in July 2006 and after that I had gone to dr for check up until Jan 2007 then after that a year later that I had dr appt for check up and it was so perfect no more appt after that till 2010 so. Anyway yea about irrigate sinuses.. Yea I have done that that. Thats why I do that alot of times. It helps me a lot. You will be more than happy after a year to be over with it. I went so terrible in many yrs not with my bridge but when I do irrigate my nose it helps a a lot! NO DR appts. arghhh!

Great to hear that you have gone through and everything is gone. I am glad to hear that. Yeah I been going to the Dr. for check ups after surgery like when I had surgery in July 2006 and after that I had gone to dr for check up until Jan 2007 then after that a year later that I had dr appt for check up and it was so perfect no more appt after that till 2010 so. Anyway yea about irrigate sinuses.. Yea I have done that that. Thats why I do that alot of times. It helps me a lot. You will be more than happy after a year to be over with it. I went so terrible in many yrs not with my bridge but when I do irrigate my nose it helps a a lot! NO DR appts. arghhh!

Hey! WB!! :)

Yeah, I revived your thread! :lol: I've been having trouble with sinus infections since I was a child. About 4 mos ago, I was diagnosed with polyps, and we were treating them with nasal sprays and a decongestant in pill form. The infections worsened, however, and I began getting them every 2-3 wks. It was at that time I decided to opt for surgery. I had the surgery to remove the polyps and also to remove the infection that present two weeks ago this Wed. I went back for my follow up last week and had the packing removed. I go back on Wed for another recheck. I was told that it would take up to six weeks for everything to heal. So far, though, I'm doing well. The first day or so after surgery was NOT FUN, though. I was in alot of pain. But, after that, the initial recovery went smoothly.

Back