my road trip to ohio on sept 1. any good advice?

also i have to find a way to keep my android going for three day with using gps to ohio.
it would die with 9 hour all day drive.it sux. i was thinking about getting a rapid charger. any opinion?

also i have to find a way to keep my android going for three day with using gps to ohio.
it would die with 9 hour all day drive.it sux. i was thinking about getting a rapid charger. any opinion?

Just get a the cigarette lighter adapter for the car that allows you to plug in USB cables (about $15) and you can plug it into that ... I'm assuming you have a USB charger - most mobiles do.

or get a mobile charger that has a cigarette lighter adapter attachment.

BTW - you'll want to check your laws ... in many states it's illegal to use a handfree/mobile as a GPS while driving.

Just get a the cigarette lighter adapter for the car that allows you to plug in USB cables (about $15) and you can plug it into that ... I'm assuming you have a USB charger - most mobiles do.

BTW - you'll want to check your laws ... in many states it's illegal to use a handfree/mobile as a GPS while driving.

i got a dock for my android. also would a power inverter since it got 120v which it charge fast?. allright will find out about the law

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Zeroblazer21 said:
Anij said:

i got a dock for my android. also would a power inverter since it got 120v which it charge fast?. allright will find out about the law

Just leave it plugged in while you drive, then you don't have to worry about battery drain at all.

Yeah, you could just plug your charging cable into the inverter and leave it plugged in - the tiny usb cigarette lighter charger is better though - less bulky & less system stain/drain.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Just leave it plugged in while you drive, then you don't have to worry about battery drain at all.

Yeah, you could just plug your charging cable into the inverter and leave it plugged in - the tiny usb cigarette lighter charger is better though - less bulky & less system stain/drain.

hmm ok

a simple cigarette light charger will do.

41vvoVpH9tL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

make sure you are financially prepared for emergency such as car repair, hotel, etc.

a simple cigarette light charger will do.

41vvoVpH9tL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jiro, this charger is really bulky!! Looks like a space ship with big engine :rofl:

I bought mini USB 12vdc to 5vdc charger. It is really short but provide 1 amp charging current. I love it cuz it charges fast. I bought it at Truck Stop gas station for $9 while similiar one sells for $30. You can find plenty in Ebay for cheap. There's one similiar to mine in Ebay. Called "12vdc mini usb charger"

IMAG0209.jpg

Catty

Last edited:
Jiro, this charger is really bulky!! Looks like a space ship with big engine :rofl:

I bought mini USB 12vdc to 5vdc charger. It is really short but provide 1 amp charging current. I love it cuz it charges fast. I bought it at Truck Stop gas station for $9 while similiar one sells for $30. You can find plenty in Ebay for cheap. There's one similiar to mine in Ebay. Called "12vdc mini usb charger"

IMAG0209.jpg

Catty

E3103_(2).jpg
Found a picture from google that same exactly I have one.

I love it. It's perfect for recharge two mobiles at same time. I use my iPhone as GPS (TOMTOM) during my wife use her iPhone for camera, surf, google map, etc. Both of us still get 100% for over 10 hours thru road trip.

Card what? Credit card? Debit card? Gift card? :aw:

Wad of cash stashed somewhere in car? :lol:

Actually, Seriously. I used to have $500 stashed in ashtray. Actually, back in 1986, I bought real nice fancy car radio/Cassette with LCD screen. I spent $500 on that in 5 of $100 bills (it's actually around $1,000 adjusted cost of living today). It turned out that it won't fit my car dashboard and I returned to Radio Shack an hour later. The clerk told me he deposit my $500 at bank. He asked me to return in 30 min and when I returned, He had wad of $500 cash which was few $20, some $10 and crapload of $1. It's so thick that it won't fit my wallet so I didn't have place in my pocket so I stashed it in deep ashtray. It had been there for few months until I used it all up :giggle:

Catty

Wad of cash stashed somewhere in car? :lol:

Actually, Seriously. I used to have $500 stashed in ashtray. Actually, back in 1986, I bought real nice fancy car radio/Cassette with LCD screen. I spent $500 on that in 5 of $100 bills (it's actually around $1,000 adjusted cost of living today). It turned out that it won't fit my car dashboard and I returned to Radio Shack an hour later. The clerk told me he deposit my $500 at bank. He asked me to return in 30 min and when I returned, He had wad of $500 cash which was few $20, some $10 and crapload of $1. It's so thick that it won't fit my wallet so I didn't have place in my pocket so I stashed it in deep ashtray. It had been there for few months until I used it all up :giggle:

Catty

lol. thats funny. you're lucky. half and a week to go to ohio :) cant wait to keep myself busy hehe

I use the same type of usb cig charger for my android. As long its charged up before I leave and plugged in the car with gps on, it will last forever. Just remember when you stop for a gas/food/potty break to exit the gps mode if you want to use the phone for other uses otherwise it will suck down the power like mine. you do more then most people when getting car ready.
good luck on your trip!

I use the same type of usb cig charger for my android. As long its charged up before I leave and plugged in the car with gps on, it will last forever. Just remember when you stop for a gas/food/potty break to exit the gps mode if you want to use the phone for other uses otherwise it will suck down the power like mine. you do more then most people when getting car ready.
good luck on your trip!

my car doesnt charge until i turn the key on, my verizon charger light show up.

Back