My Little Pony...? Signing...?

Kenliano

Reaction score
I am not exactly a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but I watch it sometimes and it fanart pops up on deviantART quite frequently. I often think about what how a movie, TV show, etc. would portray a Deaf character and how it would affect the stories, and so just a few minutes ago, I wondered what a Deaf pony would be like, and how the sign language would be for ponies.

Obviously, since they have no hands and fingers, their signing would be very different from that of humans. Any ideas as to what their signs would look like? I figure they'd make a lot more use of their heads than we do, for example... And their tails.

What do you think?

I think it depends on what type of pony they were. At least, I would think so.

I am not exactly a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but I watch it sometimes and it fanart pops up on deviantART quite frequently. I often think about what how a movie, TV show, etc. would portray a Deaf character and how it would affect the stories, and so just a few minutes ago, I wondered what a Deaf pony would be like, and how the sign language would be for ponies.

Obviously, since they have no hands and fingers, their signing would be very different from that of humans. Any ideas as to what their signs would look like? I figure they'd make a lot more use of their heads than we do, for example... And their tails.

What do you think?
Oh get over it, You are a Brony! Just admit it... You will feel better!:laugh2:
My furiend has an amazing Rainbow Dash fursuit. and I have no idea how one would sign in that, however I have another furiend with a unicorn fursuit and it has individual hooves for each finger and when all the fingers are together it looks like a single hoof. So for real life you could design it that way.
I don't think you would ever see the show creators do that though. they would probably just have a magic bubble appear above their heads with someone signing or open captions in it. They are magic after all! :D

Back