My Hearing Test Results

mizerey

Reaction score
I went and saw my audi this morning and she says I have a moderately severe loss in my left ear and a severe profound loss in my right. She gave me the option of having either in ite or bte. I chose the bte because that's what I have more expierience with. She is going to try and get my insurance to cover two aides. We got the impressions for the ear molds taken and I chose a clear dark purple for the color of my ha. Let's all hope my insurance calls back approving me for the two she thinks I should have.:fingersx:

mizery, YAY on you for chosing the BTE. They are more powerful and the baby aids tend to be paens to vanity!

mizery,

I'm also glad you chose BTEs. IMO, they have more advantages over ITEs including the ability to add more amplification if needed in the future, DAI (direct audio input) capabilities for use with FM systems, iPods, portable CD players, etc. larger controls and less repair costs compared to ITEs. I think you'll be quite happy with them. Good luck with the insurance approval! :)

Yay for BTEs! :)

Best wishes with your insurance. Hope you get a speedy approval.

Thank you for the support!!! She said the digitals would be better for me and I hope she's right. She said she's going to turn off the compression as that was a big complaint of mine when I had my old HA years ago. That one was analogue and it never seemed to do the trick for me. The thing shut off on me at the slightest loud noise and seemed to pick up all the environmental noise and nothing else. I hated it! I only had the one in my worse ear at the time and that frustrated me too because no matter how low I kept the volume it never seemed balanced between the ears. I'm not sure if that makes much sense to you but I'm not sure how else to explain it.

mizery,

I know exactly what you mean about compression. I had this feature on my first (and only) pair of digital aids in 1995 or 1996 and didn't like it because every time I was exposed to loud sounds like traffic, the aids would cut in and out. :( I hope your new aids work better for you! :)

The compression was terrible! I thought the thing had broken and I was so mad! The audi got a mean phone call about that one lol!

The compression was terrible! I thought the thing had broken and I was so mad! The audi got a mean phone call about that one lol!

LOL! What's worse is that *some* (not all) audis don't explain how compression works. I didn't find out about compression until speaking to an audi online and asking a question about my digital aids cutting in and out. Once I knew what was happening and why, I requested that compression be disabled.

By the way, for the information of others on the board...compression can be adjusted (or disabled).

Unfortunately, I don't know any more than that since I'm not an audi. :) Perhaps SteveAUD can comment further.

Back