My friend's CRX Project and more! (56k=NO)

Endemic

Reaction score
well my friend and I did done with everything swapped motor, bodywork, and all of them. so i thought we will share with you. It's always fun to work on cars :)

It was last year.

l_ef8975e0072d4c3ca2bffaf4f61b15ed.jpg

l_0d2e104ef498aa0d294e177882fc68fa.jpg

l_07ef5a949837cb122c006625a9090ae0.jpg

l_c23ad1dd6e638bba9cb47368c8f8598e.jpg

l_20cf1d2975d4caeb89d7708c898dd4d8.jpg

striped.jpg

striped1.jpg

striped2.jpg

striped4.jpg

striped3.jpg

interior.jpg

interior1.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

yella.jpg

Nice job there, looks like a B16A/b motor there.

you sure about that?

you are wrong. Check Civic Mugen Type RR. It's better than Type R.

YouTube - MUGEN CIVIC TYPE RR

Well, in general today hondas are faster than they used to be, that's what I mean. Most Hondas in the '80's had 1/4 mile times of 17-18 seconds on average, today 15-16 seconds on average...the slowest is the Honda Civic hybrid and Fit.

We can't just have a fast car because we have speed limits and laws so there's no point to have a fast car unless you got the money to take it on a track or a drag strip. If we speed on the streets or on the highway too fast, you are endangering everyone on the highway and on the streets.

Wow.. hi nice cars you got.. i'm looking for a honda CRX with Vtec i wonder where can i get it lol..

Wow.. hi nice cars you got.. i'm looking for a honda CRX with Vtec i wonder where can i get it lol..

It might be hard to find. You might have to buy a lightweight Honda CRX HF and drop in a B16 series motor and you'll have a pocket rocket for less than $6,000 or so.

6,000? i dont have a lot of moneys lol.. least i could find a crx then find b16 a good condition. right?

i bought a crx.it's a 86 crx. it's got a ew4 engine... 1.5l..
would i need crx hf engine? cuz i heard crx hf save a lot of gas..

i bought a crx.it's a 86 crx. it's got a ew4 engine... 1.5l..
would i need crx hf engine? cuz i heard crx hf save a lot of gas..

CRX HF saves a lot of gas yes but VERY slow and probably not make up the uphill or mountains.

CRX SI is perfectly for Driver Daily and HIGH Mpg 55ish.

HF and SI is easier and not much modfor swap a motor (B Series Motor)

DX? you will have a lot of hell work to swap a b series

i used have a 3 CRXS back in the days. two HF and SI

CRX HF saves a lot of gas yes but VERY slow and probably not make up the uphill or mountains.

CRX SI is perfectly for Driver Daily and HIGH Mpg 55ish.

HF and SI is easier and not much modfor swap a motor (B Series Motor)

DX? you will have a lot of hell work to swap a b series

i used have a 3 CRXS back in the days. two HF and SI

No wonder my friend who owned CRX HF and he keeps complained about slow and he tried to ask many autobody about swap with SI engine but all of them said NO. So He gave up and switch to honda accord.

^^ Yep, 86-87 CRX HF gets like around 60-65 mpg or so while the Si gets about 35-40 mpg.

Back