Murder near my home

That's hardly surprising. Isn't Chicago the murder capital of the United States?

That's hardly surprising. Isn't Chicago the murder capital of the United States?

I think New Orleans is murder capital.

I don't know about what is definition of murder capital.

I think New Orleans is murder capital.

I don't know about what is definition of murder capital.

Most murders per capita.

FBI: Chicago passes New York as murder capital of U.S.

By Reid Wilson

September 18, 2013 at 9:00 am

The city of Chicago registered more homicides than any city in the nation in 2012, surpassing even New York — despite the fact that the Second City has only one third as many residents as the Big Apple.

In new crime statistics released Monday, the Federal Bureau of Investigation reported 500 murders in Chicago in 2012, up sharply from the 431 recorded in 2011. New York reported 419 murders last year, compared with 515 in 2011

FBI: Chicago passes New York as murder capital of U.S.

Murder around my area is VERY RARE. We do not see that many shootings, especially with the close proximity to one of the schools. That school is just two blocks from the murder scene.

Last noted, my city of Jacksonville was #1 in Florida for murders....shootings daily here...4-5x a day...nothing new....

Last noted, my city of Jacksonville was #1 in Florida for murders....shootings daily here...4-5x a day...nothing new....

Yes, not surprised.

Rural area in Florida is mostly peaceful.

That murder happened in area of Chicago called Rogers Park. Part of Rogers Park is unsafe depending on time of day and where you are.

That murder happened in area of Chicago called Rogers Park. Part of Rogers Park is unsafe depending on time of day and where you are.

Part of it, yes-- the western part. These parts are supposed to be safe. A friend of mine tells me.the squad cars are still there processing the scene.

Buddy, there is no such thing as safe place. That is the truth, you could get killed ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, ANYHOW no matter what. When it is your time to go, then be it. If your apartment blow up from fallen meteor, would a murderer live next you matter to you? I don't think so.

Buddy, there is no such thing as safe place. That is the truth, you could get killed ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, ANYHOW no matter what. When it is your time to go, then be it. If your apartment blow up from fallen meteor, would a murderer live next you matter to you? I don't think so.

My small city is starting to see an increase of heroin use , it's a drag but crime is starting to hit a lot of towns and cities that where once consider to be every safe. I moved here 30 years because it was a safe to raise a child.

Where I lived in St. Louis City.. I have seen many shootings mostly drug related on our block. Ive also seen a few shootings and murders while on the job as well... not a fun place to be.

Where I lived in St. Louis City.. I have seen many shootings mostly drug related on our block. Ive also seen a few shootings and murders while on the job as well... not a fun place to be.

Same with Birmingham, AL - 10th dangerous city in US. :ugh:

I live in Baltimore...we have had several shootings in the city in 2014 already. I don't live in fear...just use common sense. Hell, the Columbia Mall shooting was in my community. It is sad but that's reality especially living near a major city that has had history of violence.

Need not to live in fear, just like what FDR said "The fear we feared is the fear itself". I can see why he said that and I agreed with him.

I live in Baltimore...we have had several shootings in the city in 2014 already. I don't live in fear...just use common sense. Hell, the Columbia Mall shooting was in my community. It is sad but that's reality especially living near a major city that has had history of violence.

right down the street from the new house there is a house full of "Gun Heads" well the son was in the basement cleaning his guns with his girlfriend, , gave her a pistol and told her to point it at his head and shoot, had a camera rollin, telling her it was unloaded as he just cleaned it... well, needless to say, it was a different gun and she killed him accidently ( video proved it ) but she still got herself in some deep shit with involuntary manslaughter. If i can find the article Ill update this post.

Eh, when I lived in Chicago there were many rapes and murders on my street, in just one year. Everyone still felt safe, because that's just part of big city life. You make sure you make safe choices and just go about your way. The really bad parts of the city you can identify by their lack of chain fast food places. If there's a McDonald's there, you're fairly ok ;-)

Murder around my area is VERY RARE. We do not see that many shootings, especially with the close proximity to one of the schools. That school is just two blocks from the murder scene.

Are you sure? Chicago is almost four times more murder than Houston.

gun-control-2-cities.gif

I am disagreed with you. I grew up Chicago since 1985 and it's all SAME crimes to me since.

Back