Multiple VP's? Possible?

qwerty123 said:
that is called NAT network address translation router will handle up to 253 computer and devices for each WAN IP. watch out your dhcp configuration in router to see if will lease out ip address to all 253 device why impossible when you have 3 IP addy and 2 vp works? something wrong with your lan/wan set up

Hes right..

VP register phone number with your IP (Any type of provider's IP address that is WAN) that register on directory server, and the other VP register samething, but IT WILL NOT register into directory server when it detect more than 1 IP on individual VP nbr, and it only permit you ONE VP nbr on each IP different address for EACH VP ,so DS will know where it can reach you. Therefore two VP cannot register same IP address eventhough you have two different number for each VP. So same for VP phone number cannot register into directory server if you use same VP phone number as the other VP with different IP address.... otherwise you will defintely get DS X mark on it. Common sense you cant use TTY when someone is using TTY on same phone line that would be two phone line if you wanna use at the same time..

Yes it is possible to have 3 IP address if you have HUB or Switches and also can be use over Wireless would be Access Point, Router is in no use for VPs, but HUB or Switches, and it can still remain to use Router with HUB or Switches. I hope you know what Im talk about =) Theres lots of way to use more than 1 VP and defintely will work some how if you try hard enough =)

my ex roommate had sorenson vp and they would set up in the thier bedroom and i was like sure.. so i hook it up and i have sorenson vp in my living room.. we can talk vp sametime..

All you do is hook up with router and click setting into different something like that and it will work.

Yawn! Your still inept with networking. Obviously you had no idea the difference between LAN and WAN! You can get multiple IP addresses on both sides. For WAN, you need to ask your ISP to assign you another one.

bgmk82j said:
Hes right..

VP register phone number with your IP (Any type of provider's IP address that is WAN) that register on directory server, and the other VP register samething, but IT WILL NOT register into directory server when it detect more than 1 IP on individual VP nbr, and it only permit you ONE VP nbr on each IP different address for EACH VP ,so DS will know where it can reach you. Therefore two VP cannot register same IP address eventhough you have two different number for each VP. So same for VP phone number cannot register into directory server if you use same VP phone number as the other VP with different IP address.... otherwise you will defintely get DS X mark on it. Common sense you cant use TTY when someone is using TTY on same phone line that would be two phone line if you wanna use at the same time..

Yes it is possible to have 3 IP address if you have HUB or Switches and also can be use over Wireless would be Access Point, Router is in no use for VPs, but HUB or Switches, and it can still remain to use Router with HUB or Switches. I hope you know what Im talk about =) Theres lots of way to use more than 1 VP and defintely will work some how if you try hard enough =)

The serect to have two VP is to get two routers, and a switch to split from cable modem to the routers. As long as you get two IP addresses assigned from your ISP

CoolieFroggie said:
my ex roommate had sorenson vp and they would set up in the thier bedroom and i was like sure.. so i hook it up and i have sorenson vp in my living room.. we can talk vp sametime..

All you do is hook up with router and click setting into different something like that and it will work.

diehardbiker65 said:
Yawn! Your still inept with networking. Obviously you had no idea the difference between LAN and WAN! You can get multiple IP addresses on both sides. For WAN, you need to ask your ISP to assign you another one.

Don't tell me about anything, Im here to tell the facts, however if you gonna being a "you're the one knows everything" Come one... we already know it and some people don't.. again here to help on how to do it, not saying "you're know everything cuz you're networking guy" ..

Again DOH I just said in this threads about two different IPs no need to say it again..

It can be two routers, or two hub or switches, but why two routers.. UGH they are no in use JUST LIKE I SAID gawd..

For what I think Cable-DSL with 2 HUB or Switches is much more far easier with out any complication in the router settings to have DMZ enabled, again some ppl dont know how to do this. Just explain HOW for god sake..

You said CAN'T! Me just let you know it is CAN! It is not about being know it all. I just happen to know the tricks and in order for somebody to have more than one VP, they need VP with their own router, no one router can support two VP. All because of one public IP, and that causes confusion to router to which VP to use. get it? That is why I said serect is to get VP's own router than sharing with one router.

bgmk82j said:
Don't tell me about anything, Im here to tell the facts, however if you gonna being a "you're the one knows everything" Come one... we already know it and some people don't.. again here to help on how to do it, not saying "you're know everything cuz you're networking guy" ..

Again DOH I just said in this threads about two different IPs no need to say it again..

It can be two routers, or two hub or switches, but why two routers.. UGH they are no in use JUST LIKE I SAID gawd..

For what I think Cable-DSL with 2 HUB or Switches is much more far easier with out any complication in the router settings to have DMZ enabled, again some ppl dont know how to do this. Just explain HOW for god sake not about ur self "knowing about network like an expert" GROW UP

I can see what you saying but thing is most of us think HUB and Switches far off better than routers..since we prefer to have switches obtain IP address from Cable Modem or DSL directly not from the router with DMZ..

I think two routers is just waste to support more than 1 IP address (WAN) just cuz router does support more than 1 ip address (WAN) but HUB or Switches can and it doesnt have firewall in it.

They can always keep the router for computers to prevent any intruders they would just simply plug into HUB or Switches on any LAN 1 to 5-8 ports, while Cable Modem or DSL plug into HUB or Switches into UPLINK port. I think its better way for all VP that plug into HUB or Switches while Router supports PCs using HUB or Switches...

Remember some of them dont know how to work with router configuration settings very well.

I like to explain them whats the easiest way to do just like plug and play for most Cable modem.. thats all

And for DSL is different story....

There is no "better" between router and hubs and switch... They have their own function. Hubs do deliver EVERYTHING that comes and go. Switch "Thinks" for itself when data comes in, they look in the packet and figure out which port to send out, this reduces alot traffic. Router, they do is assign various device their own IP address from one public IP address.

It is MISTAKE to think which is better, same concept, you would say engine is better than tires for cars, so forget tires... can you make it go?

bgmk82j said:
I can see what you saying but thing is most of us think HUB and Switches far off better than routers..since we prefer to have switches obtain IP address from Cable Modem directly not from the router with DMZ..

I think two routers is just waste to support more than 1 IP address (WAN) just cuz router does support more than 1 ip address (WAN) but HUB or Switches can and it doesnt have firewall in it.

Remember some of them dont know how to work with router configuration settings.

I like to explain them whats the easiest way to do just like plug and play for most Cable modem.. thats all

And for DSL is different story....

I thought we're talking about VP? I wonder why can't you just say my word would also work this way to avoid using routers for VP with out any problems like I said..

Okay fine router will do .. its about it.

tegumi said:
For those of you that have went through the sorenson site to get a vp, I was wondering if you knew whether or not it was possible to get more than 1. For example, could you have 1 vp in your bedroom, and 1 in your kitchen? Can you have 2? Or only 1? Im very curious....

FOR YOUR INFORMATION I GOT ANSWERS FROM MY FRIEND WHO IS VP INSTALLER... CAN'T HAVE MORE THAN 1 VP per HOUSEHOLD/ HOME ADDRESS...

FreeWoman77 said:
not sure, I think u can if u have Sorenson VP and other Dlink, i2eye :dunno:

HOW CAN I GET I2EYE?? I GOT TURNED DOWN WITH DLINK. HOW CAN PEOPLE GOT BOTH??? HOWW??????

RacerFox22 said:
HOW CAN I GET I2EYE?? I GOT TURNED DOWN WITH DLINK. HOW CAN PEOPLE GOT BOTH??? HOWW??????

Simple. Apply for free VP from CSD or HOVRS. Make sure you tell them you want to switch from Sorenson if they call you. When you get the I2eye just keep the VP-100. They can't take it from you. Now you have 2 VP's! If you want both to work you then need 2 IPp addresses, as explained above.

Router was designed for real reason. It assigns local network, each pc's own private IP addresses. The simple rules in the networking world is that NO two device can have same IP addresses. Why can't have two same IP address at same time? So, give you an idea why... Suppose a mail man got a mail that is addressed to for example 123 elm street.... then when mail man arrives that street, and see a house on left that says 123 elm street, and notice on right side there is 123 elm street. Which house would this mail man drop this mail? You see this mail man will surely get confused. Same principle with IP addresses. Since most ISP assigned you one IP addresses at most cases. And you have a computer that requires unique IP address, and VP ALSO requires an unique IP address too! So how solve that problem? That is why Router is needed to solve that problem. Hub and switch will NOT work because they don't assign private ip addresses and route them to each device. Get the picture?

bgmk82j said:
I thought we're talking about VP? I wonder why can't you just say my word would also work this way to avoid using routers for VP with out any problems like I said..

Okay fine router will do .. its about it.

Exactly we dont want private IP address from any router, we want REAL public address from WAN..so Directory Server will know where going to.. Is reason switches or hub will obtain public IPs from either Cable or DSL..

Yeah I see the point but Im saying Hub and Switches will do anyway..

I think you told CSD that you already have VP that reason why you got turned down, but you always can try it again, and let them know you want to use their service instead than right now what you have. In case installer come to ur home just hide the VP cuz Installer might not install it cuz you already have VP.. You can complain to them Sorenson VP-100 arent allow to make a call to other VRS vendor, since it has block in it. You can explain all kind of reason until you get it.

HOVRS does issue free VP as well its going to be same as CSD's VP cuz its same brand VP D-Link I2Eye DVC-1000.. and try apply thru them.

bgmk82j said:
HOVRS does issue free VP as well its going to be same as CSD's VP cuz its same brand VP D-Link I2Eye DVC-1000.. and try apply thru them.

I was told that CSDVRS withdrew all VPs from the installers who told a few customers that they could not come to install. Wondering if CSDVRS will use DVC 2000 ? Hope you have an answer to this.

I have five VP-100 and one D-Link ieyes at my work, they are perfect and must wan ip address each

if you want extra, you need buy add IP Address fee $5-15 months no matter DSL or Cable-Modem

if you can't buy extra IP address, but you can free www.No-IP.com or www.dyndns.com/

IloveVP said:
I was told that CSDVRS withdrew all VPs from the installers who told a few customers that they could not come to install. Wondering if CSDVRS will use DVC 2000 ? Hope you have an answer to this.

Yes CSD provide D-Link i2eye DVC-1000 for free apply @ www.c-s-d.org

to have multiple vp by two ip or no-ip.. okay, i might can understand that. what about how to configure for dlink to setting for multiple vp and how does router know there is two ip or no-ip diectly to either one of vp, i mean lan 1 or lan 2? since it require to have xxx.xxx.x.125 to be able to call or recieve call? which impossible to have same .125 on two or more vp?

SEE? I am not only one! It is POSSIBLE! You see what he just said, MUST have wan IP address for each. Same what I have tried to explain.

rhr said:
I have five VP-100 and one D-Link ieyes at my work, they are perfect and must wan ip address each

if you want extra, you need buy add IP Address fee $5-15 months no matter DSL or Cable-Modem

if you can't buy extra IP address, but you can free www.No-IP.com or www.dyndns.com/

I haven't tried on single router with multiple VP, Friend of mine said its possible. I don't know how it is set up in router itself.

justlook said:
to have multiple vp by two ip or no-ip.. okay, i might can understand that. what about how to configure for dlink to setting for multiple vp and how does router know there is two ip or no-ip diectly to either one of vp, i mean lan 1 or lan 2? since it require to have xxx.xxx.x.125 to be able to call or recieve call? which impossible to have same .125 on two or more vp?

Back