Move to Hawaii?

SeaJenSurf

Reaction score
Hi there...

I posted a job opening in the employment/work section of this forum. However, this is an atypical place to look for a job. So, instead of reposting, I thought I'd ask instead if you know someone who would be interested...

I'm looking for a nanny, preferably an Au Pair, to come to Hawaii to help care for my children. I know we're not all online here at AllDeaf. So if you know someone, spread the word.

And as an FYI... An Au Pair is a female from a country outside the USA, ages 18-26 (Visa requirements, not mine) that would come to the USA, stay with us, care for our children for a specified number of weekly hours, take some classes and be here on an "Au Pair Visa". This is preferred because we can hire an Au Pair through an agency and not have to deal with as much legal paper work (the agency would do it).

I'm not closed to anyone else that can work in the USA legally.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Jen

Hi Jen! I live in Hawaii - you may want to post your needs on Craigslist. Are you open to both deaf and hearing nanny's? Is it Oahu that you will be moving to? If you are looking specifically for an ASL fluent nanny, I can try to spread the word in the deaf community here on the island. :)

Rosie

Hi Rosie,

The problem with using Craigslist is that we would end up with an Nanny (which is what we have now, and have used in the past). A nanny is more difficult for us in terms of taxes, insurance, tax paperwork, filing, etc. An Au Pair is easier as we pay the Au Pair of American agency to take care of all of this for us. That's why we are posting here asking for a female from a country outside the USA, ages 18-26 as that is the requirement of the agency for hiring purposes.

-Paul and Jen

P.S. We are already here on Oahu and have been for the past 6 years.

Back