Motorcycle Riders here?

from store to overlook (10miles) in a car takes.. I would say less then 20 minutes.. depending on how many times you have to slow down for slower traffic.. in a bike you can shave at least 5 minutes from that...
Hey Jasper, didn't realize until now that you are from Tenn and really live near the Dragon. Was looking for a good tattoo.. a dragon.. since I got hurt on the Dragon last month, I want something to remember by. something like a dragon's bite, dragon's scratch, or a cartoon-like dragon with a broken wing on the back of my shoulder where I suffered torn AC ligament and several broken ribs... Someone suggested that I find tattoo places near the Dragon and ask for their links.. any suggestions?

Rode on that one once, sheesh! way way too fast, had no problem speeding in no time.
I ride Suzuki GSX1000R. Its a very powerful bike, approximately 160HP and I don't ride it everyday because of the idiotic cagers on 405, 5, 91, 55, 22 and 101 freeways. Had saved myself several times from getting hit.

Usually, I ride with a group on week nights or on weekends sometimes I go by myself because I love it. Its a pure addiction and enjoys riding on my beast that likes to be snorted, barks and farts wanting to throw me off.

Besides riding on the highways, I ride on twisties, tight corners at Mt Baldy, Mt Bear and Ocean drives.

Will find some pics of me riding my weapon during the track days, back home in Australia.

Helloo boys and girls!
What's up?
Do you already have plans for summer 2008? Will you do a special trip?

We haven't made any big plans for this year yet. Hopefully
we do for the summer though. :) Can't wait to go riding again!!
It's been too long...:ugh3:

Thought I'd throw these two pics in, since it's all about motorcycle
riders..:thumb::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Attachments

• n642880079_1160988_2802.jpg
    n642880079_1160988_2802.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 19
  • n642880079_483214_1060.jpg
    n642880079_483214_1060.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 21
Can't wait this weekend, will get another bike to part out and use them on my motorcycle for another riding season. I can't ride my bike until tire is replaced first, too dangerous riding with bald tires. Depending on 2nd bike, either part out or restore. I have not decide yet.

IN past i always want to ride, cuz most my friends rode superbike.

Here in NY long island mostly cars ( driver ) HATES superbike cuz they have no respect on road. oh well.

My wife and I witnessed once killed, sad, 17/18 yrs old on parkway. on newspaper mentioned he was at high speed and lost control. scary.

also VERY HIGH $$ insurance on this island...my friends used to riding superbike and they stopped it cuz of manic drivers (cars) they dont give a crap about bikes and insurance...in past he used to paying $850 a year (fully insurced) and today, $2100 OUCH!.

If i were you, check out youtube "ghost rider" hes manic driver onbike and man hes sooo PRO!!! so check it out some video on there!! his bike is approx 300 hp or 400hp with turbo...he had escaped from cops few times.. its on video too!

Later!
YOMAN!

Sheesh I missed the Motorcycle Rider posting!! I guess I brought it up about my Harley voltage Regulator and mentioned there's no blog for Motorcycle. I guess I was the first one who brought it up. Oh well I got busy but got the Harley Sportster fixed. I rode around the block cuz I don't have real motorcycle license yet. It had been 25 years since I've ridden motorcycle. I rode my brother's Honda 750-4 Super Sport (4 cylinder black motor w/ red frame). That motorcycle was soo fast that I did 0-75mph in 4 seconds. Now, for the Harley, It's about 1,200 to 1,300cc cuz it was bored to .30 inch on each cylinder. It runs great but it's not as fast as my brother's Honda. It's pretty easy ridin' and I didn't have trouble shifting gear on Harley and it's like a 2nd nature to me (just like riding bike) and shifter is on the right side and rear brake pedal is on left side which is a bit odd that I didn't even think about it till my friend mentioned that (different than common setting on most motorcycles).

I just took Kansas motorcycle test and pass w/ 5 errors (3 are my really stupid mistake but 2 are tough). Now that I have permit up to 1 year and have to wait for my friend to get new rear tire for his Harley then can go over to Lic station to take riding test. I already saw Youtube on motorcycle riding test. It's soo simple and just ride up to 10 to 15mph just to do cornering, salom, and braking. My friend's harley have lousy rear brake pedal and I planned to add 1 1/2 inches block w/ rubber on it to "raise" the pedal so make rear braking much easier and more "macho" like. I told him that he stopped w/ rear brake pedal looking like he's a sissy (fag) that he had to press toe all the way down past beyond the footrest level :rofl:

Once I passed the riding test, I would be able to get 250cc scooter for work or anywhere cuz of gas price are shooting up to nil!! Any scooter bigger than 50cc or over 30mph requires motorcycle lic by KS law.. Scooter gets about 71mpg and will last me a month or less on 2.4 gallon tank (I live 13 miles from work). My wife wouldn't let me have motorcycle cuz of safety issue. I am FULLY aware that motorcycle or anything 2 wheelers are dangerous. I've been in accident many times on my peewee 50cc Batavus HS (motorcycle look alike) moped during my Highschool year (in 1983 to 85). Also witnessed motorcycle/pickup truck accident. I was in a "front row" during that time and cyclist in his 20's throttle up trying to clip the truck while it's trying to turn left. He made a bad judgement and locked his two wheels and skidded sideway and slammed against truck's grille and he flew over the hood and flipped up to top then fell down to pavement by driver's side. He had broken leg (goodness he wore helmet!!). The driver was soooo pissed cuz his truck is new (ooy boy :eek::ugh::ugh:). I rushed to help and was a main witness in court for truck driver. Cyclist plead guilty cuz I'm here and he can't lie tho.

So That's why my wife don't want me own motorcycle. She allow me to have scooter but what's the difference it make cuz scooter can go 70mph but it can do 85mph (ungoverned by drilling bigger "backpressure hole" in exhaust pipe where it connects to engine exhaust port)

I went to scooter store near my parent's home. I was freaked out how huge are 250cc scooters. It's as big as my friend's Harley wow. Cuz I browsed through website for 250cc scooter and it's pricing. I assumed it's as big as my peewee moped but more powerful. I was totally wrong!! Because I don't see actual scooters in my area that's why. Scooter store sell the one I like about $4,600 but I can find exactly same one online for $2,000 w/ $100 sh/h. (Touring Deluxe model is what I wanted). Don't be fooled by it's size, it may seem small in online but when see real live scooter, it's fit for adult, not for kids unless they're 5ft 6 in tall or taller.

Catty

Can't wait this weekend, will get another bike to part out and use them on my motorcycle for another riding season. I can't ride my bike until tire is replaced first, too dangerous riding with bald tires. Depending on 2nd bike, either part out or restore. I have not decide yet.

Same goes for my friend's Harley Sportster, His rear tire is cracking on sidewalls and both edges of tire show scour mark on it (I assumed that the former owner use the old rear tire from other Harley when he was putting Sportster together). He's so panoid when he rode on highway and worried about tire blowout. I told him that since it's tubed tire, it won't blowout easily, the tubeless does blowout easily. So he planned to replace it with new rear tire tho. He told me not to ride it till it's tire been replaced. But still I snuck his motorcycle out of my garage and rode around the block tho LOL.

Catty

I agreed, tubed tires won't blow, but it can swell easily and noticeable. I wouldn't worry too much, UNLESS your gonna speeding way over the tire's limitation.

Same goes for my friend's Harley Sportster, His rear tire is cracking on sidewalls and both edges of tire show scour mark on it (I assumed that the former owner use the old rear tire from other Harley when he was putting Sportster together). He's so panoid when he rode on highway and worried about tire blowout. I told him that since it's tubed tire, it won't blowout easily, the tubeless does blowout easily. So he planned to replace it with new rear tire tho. He told me not to ride it till it's tire been replaced. But still I snuck his motorcycle out of my garage and rode around the block tho LOL.

Catty

Yeah I ride motorcycle and do it extensively.. used to have rocket bike.. but sheesh they are stupid fast! 1st gear up to 60 MPH alas u still have 5 more gears afterwards.. sheesh.. anyways.. I knew I wouldn't live any longer or be splatterd on trees in no time... so I step down to cruiser. currently it's 2003 Honda VTX 1800 C.

I just got out of surgery. I probably would not ride her till I can balance myself.

Nodways. it's real cool to see that most deaf people is riding motorcycle. I wish there's more out there.. it would be fun to ride alltogether...

cheers...

I like motorbikes, had a few dirt bikes and a couple of road bikes.
All were great fun!
I never had anything bigger than a 250 road bike, and a motocrosser (RM125) back then was pretty hard out, it was ported and beated some 600's (four strokes). Nowadays four stroke dirt bike are said to be pretty wild, i have to try it some day.

wouldnt have a clue when id get another bike, i can'tafford anything as im a student now

Hey all

Biker to the core here. Refuse to ride portable vibrators cuz I like speed. Not knocking on Hardleys but they Hardley keep up ... sorry. Yeah, they look cool, but watch out, France is gonna come swinging with their new WAKAN 1650

I have owned a # of Hondas and Suzukis (all classics 80's era bikes) I recently sold !984 Honda Nighthawk 700 s with Kerker Exhaust and bought a 1981 Honda Goldwing GL 1100 which is now dismantled in my garage and my current resoration project.

wakan1.jpg

I also recently fully restored 1983 Suzuki GS 550 E - trying to find pics.

Cool, and I still ride my Goldwing lately! Thanks to gas price, I park my Jeep more often lately. :(

Back