Mom of deaf/hoh toddler

Welcome to AD. I'm a father of hoh daughter.

:welcome: to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay!

if you ahve any questions about baby to teaching sign and etc like that, you're welcome to pm me or leave the message, I would enjoy to helping you =D

Im a single mother as well to my 10 months old daughter, Alexanderia. :D

hi, welcome to alldeaf.
I'm a mom of a 13 year old deaf boy who was aided when he was 11 months old.
I'd suggest not to decide now of the communication method. Try everything and see what works for him. We used gestures at the beginning but my son was a natural lip reader and with aids he is now completely oral. He knows some signs and plays with it but prefers the oral method. Surely it dosen't work for everybody.
With my little girl, even though I knew she was hearing, I signed for her in her first months and she knew to sign "drink" even before she started speaking.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting which you already done with us a lot in other threads. I enjoy reading your posts. See you around. :wave:

I am new to the forum as of this afternoon, but I came across your post. We have a signing class at our church in NOrthern Kentucky and there is also a mom of a little boy who has little to no hearing. He has ha's in both ears. We also have Deaf who meet at the malls in the tricounty area...I've not had a chance to go to one but it sounds like a great opportunity to meet new people and make connections. I am not deaf but am learning sign and very involved the deaf ministry at our church.

Back