Mistaken for deaf

Wait a second, you go by Julie Rae? Hmmm it could be a coincidence, and maybe I'm reaching, but that sounds very similair to Julia Regan. Perhaps we found another version of mushiecookies??? Perhaps not, but makes me wonder hmmmmm :hmm:

You are definately reaching! Who is Julia Regan?

I have never even heard of this! What is Mushiecookies?

I was about to its not a what, but I'm pretty sure discovered it IS a what, and it's really gross, you can google it if you want.

But I meant a who, a yarn spinning web weaver, I don't think she was faking deaf, but she def had some issues, and did love to spin a tale.

Don't get me wrong, she was nice and I liked her, but she had issues, bullshitting issues.

Well, all I can do is assure you I don't "bullshit".
If I'm going to want respect from people, I have to be respectful - and "bullshitting" isn't respectful.
The only thing I can ever do about it is be honest and sincere.
Get to know me for a while. Time exposes all lies, that's how we pick out fake multiples in our own community. I've had to deal with 2 fakes.

I was about to its not a what, but I'm pretty sure discovered it IS a what, and it's really gross, you can google it if you want.

But I meant a who, a yarn spinning web weaver, I don't think she was faking deaf, but she def had some issues, and did love to spin a tale.

Don't get me wrong, she was nice and I liked her, but she had issues, bullshitting issues.

Well that was disgusting. I don't understand in the slightest what that has to do with anything.

Nothing really, but you asked what mushycookies is, we answered. But it's also a screen name for a member, we didn't name her, and I have a feeling that it's quite possible you are her, mushycookies.

I doubt it would be the first time someone got caught spinning yarn and came back under another screen name spinning new yarn. You might be, you might not, doesn't matter

sooooo carry on.

Actually, I hate Harry Potter and think it's the second dumbest thing written. Why? There a multiple joke in there at my expense?

Wow...and you actually read the books before making that claim?

I was on the fense about you when you said that schizophrenia wasn't a disease, but now if that is true, I am just going to have to ignore everything you say.

Wow...and you actually read the books before making that claim?

I was on the fense about you when you said that schizophrenia wasn't a disease, but now if that is true, I am just going to have to ignore everything you say.

I have not read the book, the concept was plenty to go on to know I dont wish to read them.

I did not say schitzophrenia was not a disease. I've actually said nothing about schitzophrenia. Multiplicity is not schitzophrenia even in the mental health view of multiplicity.

I am not her. Did she ever share a photo of herself? I don't particularly like sharing photos of myself, but I will share one if the comparison would put your mind at ease.

Nothing really, but you asked what mushycookies is, we answered. But it's also a screen name for a member, we didn't name her, and I have a feeling that it's quite possible you are her, mushycookies.

I doubt it would be the first time someone got caught spinning yarn and came back under another screen name spinning new yarn. You might be, you might not, doesn't matter

sooooo carry on.

I have not read the book, the concept was plenty to go on to know I dont wish to read them.

I did not say schitzophrenia was not a disease. I've actually said nothing about schitzophrenia. Multiplicity is not schitzophrenia even in the mental health view of multiplicity.

I'm pulling out my psych degree to reply to this one... My professor taught us that you can define Abnormal Psychology with "the 4 D's":

Deviance
Distress
Dysfunction
Danger

Julie's multiplicity is not common in society. But she doesn't seem distressed by it and she says she functions fine with her life like this. She doesn't seem to be a danger to anyone... I think we're all a little different for one reason or another and she signed up for this site because she wants some compassion from people who might prefer to communicate without speech. I've worked clinic hours for an internship in a psychiatric hospital for art therapy with a patient with DID... It's remarkable how different they are as each personality is in front - artistic styles and penmanship as well as mannerisms. Clinically, ill bite. I'm not in the head of this DID patient nor am I in curiouslymute's head, but it's not something I have to believe, I just have to respect.

Every single one of us on here are hiding behind a computer screen. Come on, people - you don't have to trust anything on the Internet and you know it. Haha but for the sake of being nice to people you don't have to stray that far off topic from the OP. if you believe that she is a multiple or DID or whatever your chosen term is, it took balls to be open about her diagnosis because its so stigmatized. If you do not believe she's real or authentic just shake your head and move on. You can't tell without meeting her.

Ummm I googled it... Hahahaha why would you name yourself that online hahahaha

lol IKR!!! I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she had no idea, maybe she just likes to dip her cookies in milk til they're soggy? I hope :giggle:

lol IKR!!! I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she had no idea, maybe she just likes to dip her cookies in milk til they're soggy? I hope :giggle:

And maybe Mr Sanchez just really likes getting dirty going four wheeling or mud wrestling? Man, I could get in trouble coming up with more of those jokes... Haha don't judge me - HA!

it took balls to be open about her diagnosis because its so stigmatized.
I see it as just a state of being, not a diagnosis. I'm different, not broken.

I am willing to be open because I am proud of who I am.
As a system, my headmates and I are Multiple.
As an individual, I am mute.
I am perfectly happy with both. They are part of my identity as a person, and I am proud of who I am.

I started a thread because I had a question I wanted answered. I learned more from the trail off topic and how some people here reacted to me than I did in any of the actual answers.
I think the open, honest, upfront, and respectful approach I've been using seems just fine, unless anybody has any further input in the best way for me to handle being mistaken for deaf. I asked because I wanted to be sure I handle it in the best way possible.

Last edited:
Back