Meet-ups!?

Audiblehope

Reaction score
Im not sure if this thread fits here so im sorry if not...
I just moved out of a city in which I was the only Deafie. (As far as I know)
I was born and raised in that city and all I had ever met were shifty acting terps for the most part.
I NOW live around Atlanta, Ga.
Does anyone know of any meet-ups around the area?
Is there a global listing of meet-ups in general? If not I may have to put my nerd skills to the test of making some type of listing.
Your help? Your Thoughts?
Thanks

Im not sure if this thread fits here so im sorry if not...
I just moved out of a city in which I was the only Deafie. (As far as I know)
I was born and raised in that city and all I had ever met were shifty acting terps for the most part.
I NOW live around Atlanta, Ga.
Does anyone know of any meet-ups around the area?
Is there a global listing of meet-ups in general? If not I may have to put my nerd skills to the test of making some type of listing.
Your help? Your Thoughts?
Thanks
Are you deaf or hard of hearing? Do you sign or communicate orally? Or do you wear an hearing aid or a CI, etc?

I should have given that info...sorry im new to all of this.
I am Deaf.
I wear BTE's to assist in lipreading while im making the transition but they do little good.
I DO NOT have CI.
I was not allowed exposure to sign language until I was an adult and the choice was no longer my families.
I started learning and I do ok but have mostly only signed with 1 other person so im a bit slow at perception.
I am vocal but I generally refrain from speech as its only a one way road.

Wirelessly posted (Kelly's Droid)

There are currently 2 Meet Ups for the deaf community. ASL FRIENDS is based out of Roswell and SIGN TOGETHER is out of Bethlehem. There is also a very active DNO (Deaf Night Out) group as well as a DSN (Deaf Social Night) group. I am hearing, but want to interpret so I joined the Meet Up Groups less than 2 weeks ago & have already attended 3 activities. You can find us on Facebook too. Atlanta has a very active Deaf/HOH community! Welcome & come join us!

I should have given that info...sorry im new to all of this.
I am Deaf.
I wear BTE's to assist in lipreading while im making the transition but they do little good.
I DO NOT have CI.
I was not allowed exposure to sign language until I was an adult and the choice was no longer my families.
I started learning and I do ok but have mostly only signed with 1 other person so im a bit slow at perception.
I am vocal but I generally refrain from speech as its only a one way road.[/QUOTE]

I totally understand about speech being a one way road. You and me both.

Back