Meat eater VS vegetarian/vegan

Well hey, I'm sure large scale factory farmers appreciate your support. I looked up reviews for this restaurant in the US, biggest complaint was low quality of meat. Not surprising.

About to go watch "The World According to Monsanto".

you're too easy to figure out, kookoo....

Food & Beverage | OpenSecrets
Outback Steakhouse - $418,500 donation to Republican Party - one of the largest Food n' Beverage contributors to GOP.

Outback Steakhouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The company and its founders are major contributors, via the Outback Steakhouse PAC, to the Republican Party, contributing $303,015 and $334,197 for the 2000 and 2004 election cycles, respectively.[6][7] The Outback Steakhouse PAC itself is one of the largest donors in the food and beverage sector, second only to the National Restaurant Association, which itself represents 300,000 restaurants.

Some people just don't have an acquired taste. :aw:

yup.....and that would be even more so for the masses who insist on eat meating and thus not trying vegan/vegaterian menus....

i eat both, and i will try eat more veges based menus as i need to loose weight and get healthier

I am vegan and on food stamps. I also have to avoid gluten and soy.

I manage it, by eating a lot of potatoes and rice and beans, with a little bit of whole veggies and other healthier food items. Not exactly as healthy as mostly whole veggies and such as it should be, but I do still consider it healthier than eating animal products.

I have the space for a garden, but I don't have the energy to tend to it, so keeping one is out of the question for me right now. So even if you don't have space for a garden or a lot of funds, you can still manage to be vegan.

Well hey, I'm sure large scale factory farmers appreciate your support. I looked up reviews for this restaurant in the US, biggest complaint was low quality of meat. Not surprising.

About to go watch "The World According to Monsanto".

Link? Their steaks and ribs are really good. Good, quality meat per the USDA and all that.

Link? Their steaks and ribs are really good. Good, quality meat per the USDA and all that.

USDA only checks that it is safe to eat. It is the companies themselves that process it that actually grades the meat as 'A', 'B', or 'C'. Not everything that USDA touches is of elite quality. Keep that in mind. Also many companies will use USDA to mislead consumers into think they are getting a top product when really it's a middle grade product. This is why I check labels on my meats very carefully.

As for myself - I ate vegetarian for dinner - elbow macaroni noodles with tomato soup. It's cheap, it's tasty, it's easy. Tomorrow? Who knows.

USDA only checks that it is safe to eat. It is the companies themselves that process it that actually grades the meat as 'A', 'B', or 'C'. Not everything that USDA touches is of elite quality. Keep that in mind. Also many companies will use USDA to mislead consumers into think they are getting a top product when really it's a middle grade product. This is why I check labels on my meats very carefully.

As for myself - I ate vegetarian for dinner - elbow macaroni noodles with tomato soup. It's cheap, it's tasty, it's easy. Tomorrow? Who knows.

You would know that about the USDA due to your experience of working in the meat industry.

I tried to be vegetarian once but failed, due to healthy reasons. So, I stopped trying because it won't help at all. But, I REALLY HATE when stupid vegans and vegetarians bitched at me for not becoming one of them without understanding my reasons. UGH. FUCK THEM. :mad:

Karissa,

I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian and understand you being pissed at the evangelical vegetarians who want everyone to be vegetarian.

It works for me because meat gives me gas. Also,there's a history of diabetes in my family and I've heard vegetarians are less likely to get diabetes.

Even if I were to get diabetes,my vegetarian diet would reduce my risk
for diabetes-related heart and blood vessel disease.

Last edited:
I vote for vegetarian/vegan. It's better for animals, better for the planet, and better for human health.

You can get a free Vegetarian Starter Pack if you're interested in trying. It has recipes, nutrition and health information, product tips, and a lot more. Sometimes they'll give you coupons too.

Just fill out the form online and they'll put a Veg Starter Pack in the mail for you. Use any address - work, home, PO box, whatever works. Here's the link: Free Vegan Guide to Cruelty-Free Eating - Vegas Veg

Just had a delicious fondu with steak and chicken, along with salad, and grilled onion, green and red peppers with garlic salt.

I ate mostly vegetarian until I was pregnant with our sixth child. My midwife told me all her vegetarian clients bled more and took longer to recover. I did some research and decided it wasn't healthier after all, and added a lot more meat into our diet.

It made my husband very happy. Last year we raised our own cows, two of them, grass fed on our pasture, and had them butchered. We have two freezers full of meat now.

I'm alone in a huge B-B-Q state and city. All my meals are prepared grilled (chicken and fish mostly) and I know the health problems of America are from processed food and fried food. Fresh is best.

If vegan during pregnant, would it affect to child's decision whatever she/he eat? Hear it would give underweight compare to vegetarian which is required dairy and egg that give excellent calcium and protein necessary.

I eat lean and healthy meat, fish, etc.

However, I will say that we can't go back to non-mass produced, non-steroid injected, non-genetically modified food, there isn't enough food on the planet. Like it or not, (barring war or plague) we are going to have to increase our food production, it's that simple.

IMO, the dumbest thing we ever did was block salmon with dams. Like, nobody could have seen that coming? Just sayin...

Back