May you do me a favor?

soehendy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. such a great day to meet all of you. Due to I'm taking a Product Design module, I've being asked to research on the relation between Deaf people and their environment. it is important to me on improving an understanding to create a new product in the end. i hope that you guys can help me out with this few questions.
Thx for your attention.

so, i', still wondering about the voice volume. can you guys control that i mean when you're in conversation. i got one friend who is deaf, his name is Yahya from Indonesia. he is kind person. I've already been his friend for 2 years since i enrolled to the college but soon move to Australia. He said that before he has a conversation, he looked for his surrounding first to prevent any accidental noise that finally will annoy others. Once in a while, he has been told to volume down his voice in class by our friend. as his friend, i explained to him the situation in our class.

Being neglected, sometimes he can feel like that, when he is with hearing people. he afraid to disturb them when they speak so that he just watch them doing a conversation and just wondering what they are talking about. how about you guys???

He has ever used the hearing aid 5 years ago, but it doesn't helpful to his life activity. sometimes it become very annoy for him. unfamiliar sound shocked him when he wore the hearing aid. he better choose not to wear it. So, have you ever use this device; is it impact to your life activity?

he is hoping that in the future there is a new device with nice design. dreaming on the translator phone that receive any sound from others and will be translated into words on screen. So, do you agree with that? is it has a new device that you're dreaming for?

I'm hoping that you can share with me. first, it is actually not just fulfill my project. but i love to increase my understanding to my friends and all of you. thanx for your participation and love to share.^^ Peacezzz.

i wore my hearing aid, it has not fail me for a long time. it helped me during my activities in daily life where i will be using a lot.

So, it is normal for individuals to wear hearing aid with surrounds of unfamiliar sounds. He'll develop to learn the noises around him where he'll able to id the sounds. He may adjust to ingore or want to know what's going on.

So, its impacted me in my activities because where i am working in hearnig world that may requires of communicate and so. Im used to it for a long time since birth.

a technology that will translate words on screen would be great but i do not know what it is. hope that you may find it out in somewhat in this modern's technology.

Back