Marley ate my earmold...

JennyB

Reaction score
For those of you who don't know - Marley is my dog. He ate one of my earmolds. It isn't a severe loss since it NEVER fit right. I went today to get a new impression but because of company issues I can't get it the same colour as my right mold - which is pink. So, I will have one that is purple and one that is pink....I wonder if I can find pink hearing aid tubing...that would be cool! One aid with pink tubing and purple mold and the other with purple tubing and pink mold...:hmm:

next time, put them in the hearing aid case to keep them out of Marley's reach!
reminds me of "Marley and Me" where Marley was the world's worst dog.

I had a Chihuahua eat my mold and chewed up my HA so bad it was beyond repairs. Hard lesson learned. Keep the hearing aids out of pets reach.

My dogs have never eaten my ear moulds because, unless I'm in bed or in the bath, they are always in my ears. My bedroom and bathroom are both upstairs where the dogs are not allowed.

Always in the ear or the dryer. I do wonder how the dog came to be named Marley? :P

JennyB and Bottesini: Instead of dogs who can eat/chew ear molds get a cat! Prof SKY my cat sends Bott's herd of hounds-- a Meow.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

JennyB and Bottesini: Instead of dogs who can eat/chew ear molds get a cat! Prof SKY my cat sends Bott's herd of hounds-- a Meow.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Maybe Prof SKY is just good. My daughter's cats will chew plastic type things as they taste sweet. :lol:

Always in the ear or the dryer. I do wonder how the dog came to be named Marley? :P

Honestly, the story of his name is as follows...

Adopted him and his name was "Smiley". I HATED that name and wanted a Deaf name...then I thought Marlee (as in Marlee Matlin) but he is a boy, so his name is Marley. It was also close enough to Smiley that he instantly responded to it.

I hope Marley will be able to poop out the ear mold OK! you better made sure he is able to poop OK !

the invisiear tubing is supposed to blend in with your skin color. I had the "pink"ish one with my earmold (earmold was made by Westone) for a while (until it ended up with a crack/hole in the tubing and I had to replace it). Really should get more spare tubings as I used up my last one.

But yeah, not strictly PINK, but more skin-toneish color.

My last dog destroyed my left earmold several years ago. It was funny cause she never bothered the hearing aid (it was on the floor when I found it, among tiny pieces of earmold bits), just the earmold was destroyed.

the invisiear tubing is supposed to blend in with your skin color. I had the "pink"ish one with my earmold (earmold was made by Westone) for a while (until it ended up with a crack/hole in the tubing and I had to replace it). Really should get more spare tubings as I used up my last one.

But yeah, not strictly PINK, but more skin-toneish color.

My last dog destroyed my left earmold several years ago. It was funny cause she never bothered the hearing aid (it was on the floor when I found it, among tiny pieces of earmold bits), just the earmold was destroyed.

My tubing is light pink and my ear molds are purple, I think this funny as you can see my ear molds far away!

Back