Man Arrested After Telling Kids Santa Isn't Real

rockin'robin

Reaction score
A real-life Grinch was arrested after he spoiled the holiday cheer at a parade, telling children that Santa isn't real.

The unidentified 24-year-old man, who had his hair gelled to look as though devil horns were protruding from his head, was arrested by police in the Canadian town of Kingston last week during the annual Santa Claus parade, authorities said in statement.

The St. Nicholas naysayer faces criminal charges of causing a disturbance by being drunk and breach of probation.

"It was pretty despicable that someone, during this time of the year, would tell kids Santa isn't real - which of course we would argue," Const. Steve Koopman told the Toronto Star.

It was not known how the man, who has surely landed on Santa's naughty list, pleaded to the charges.

Man Arrested After Telling Kids Santa Isn't Real | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo! News

He sounds like a real loser. I hope someone bites him on the behind someday and deflates his dream. Karma can be a bitch.....

Laura

Awe, come on. I thought the Santa is the charity like Goodwill or Salivation Army or any other charity that help people who need gifts for Christmas.

Santa Claus is a fictional figure suppose to be in the North Pole and his elves work on the toys in his workshop. There were no such thing having Reindeer flying up in the night sky and flying over people's houses. There is/was no magical about it there. It is all make believe. Children wanted to believe that but what about adults. They also wanted to believe that it is real, too. Good grief. Wake up from your dreamland. :roll:

Awe, come on. I thought the Santa is the charity like Goodwill or Salivation Army or any other charity that help people who need gifts for Christmas.

Santa Claus is a fictional figure suppose to be in the North Pole and his elves work on the toys in his workshop. There were no such thing having Reindeer flying up in the night sky and flying over people's houses. There is/was no magical about it there. It is all make believe. Children wanted to believe that but what about adults. They also wanted to believe that it is real, too. Good grief. Wake up from your dreamland. :roll:

they were joking :cool2:

LOL, a weird Law, to 'back up the myths" now this is really interesting, what else they back off? lies about corporations, who deserves to be rich , who deserve to die?? hmmmmm

LOL, a weird Law, to 'back up the myths" now this is really interesting, what else they back off? lies about corporations, who deserves to be rich , who deserve to die?? hmmmmm

I highly doubt he's going to be charged with telling kids Santa isn't real, he's going to get charged for public drunkeness, causing a disturbance, and apparently violating his probation. I'm not pulling that outta my butt, it's right up there in the OP

If my kids were little tykes and this man came up to them and said "Santa isn't real"!...I would have slapped him silly....

I didn't find out that Santa wasn't really real until I was about 6-7 years old.....Same as for the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy.....Feel the old tradition of "Jolly ol' Saint Nick" and Santa Clause will always be in the hearts of the little ones....

If my kids were little tykes and this man came up to them and said "Santa isn't real"!...I would have slapped him silly....

I didn't find out that Santa wasn't really real until I was about 6-7 years old.....Same as for the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy.....Feel the old tradition of "Jolly ol' Saint Nick" and Santa Clause will always be in the hearts of the little ones....

You know, I can't recall when I figured out when Santa wasn't real... I have no idea when that was. Maybe I was always skeptical, but I don't remember that I ever believed he was real... though I must have when I was a kid.

yeah , i can see that, id probably would too...kids are 'new' to the world and its ok for them to have fantasy like that, after all its not long before the magic wears off, and as growing up into the world full of problem, so like why not set them in a happy way to start off?
childhood is something to cherish...
i can see that, yep

You mean ... you mean ... there's no such thing as flying reindeer like Rudolph? :cry:

Back