Make sure to .....

J

JohnnyE

Today, I was walking to the store and I saw a man and he was about 40 or 50 years old. He seemed to be a very strong well built sturdy man and may have been a construction or carpenter or something like that for his job and I was in shock to see him fall down and something was wrong many people ran to see what was wrong with him and somebody called 911 then he went to the hospital and a few hours later I found out from my family that man fainted because he did not have enough water and my mom told me to make sure to drink alots of water until my stomach has had its fill. Today is hot 95 degrees out hot humind and very sunny outside ! Please drink alots of water so you do not faint from lack of water. I will never forget seeing what happened and That has gotta be embarrassing for him. Make sure to not drink soda or beer or what ever too much and Please drink way much more water. Drink from a 1 gallon cold water jug will help alots !

yes, it's VERY important to stay hydrated, especially when it's so hot outside... BUT be careful, it IS possible to drink too much water

suicidegirl said:
yes, it's VERY important to stay hydrated, especially when it's so hot outside... BUT be careful, it IS possible to drink too much water

Exactly. Down here where I live, we keep a bottle of gatoraid in the fridge, because, it gets so hot and humid.

WoW!!!

what about if diabetic (sp) ? it can drink water yes. If there is something wrong in their blood ??

yes, it happened to my husband Jeremy once when we was at Check and Cash place.. I was scared when he fainted like that. I was like, "Oh No!" And the people who works there had to call 911 for the amblance to come. And I had to go with him to the ER. It turned out that he didn't drink enough water! Poor him! and his blood pressure was low also! It happened in Aug. 2002. Ever since, he's just doing better and I hope that he wouldn't do that again! :(

Important to getting healthy than being sorry.

That never happens to me, but I heard about that happened to people even my best friend's ex finacee, he fainted from heat stroke and don't drink water enough, but he woke up on himself and got dizzy really badly. But he's alright now I bet. That's horrible.

yes i did fainted 2 yrs ago when i was working in back yard trying to clear the yard as the plants invaded the fence so trying to cut them off.. i was working for like 2 hours when i got dizzy and sick.. and all of sudden i felt weak and pass out.. my mom woke me up and said u better come in so i came in and drink.. then later that night i got fever and was sick for 4 days.. its called heat exhaustion from not drinking enough to stay hydrated.. there is another one called heat stroke.. its not a funny disease.. my moms dog had a heat stroke.. she almost died from it.. but she suffered greatly as she was almost paraylyzed .. weak and disoriented all times.. etc.. plus she was old too.. so we had to put her to sleep .. my mom is old and is sick with emphseyma.. it was too muh for my mom.. so it was hard for her..

anyway they said the best advice for peopel who work outdoors to keep hydrated is drinking every 30 mins and take breaks for 10 min then work again.. every 30 mins.. u will be ok.. so u wont get sick that way.. :)

Right. It's important to drink a plenty of water. I drink one gallon of water everyday. Boy, it sure feels good to drink COLD water -- ahhhh ! :thumb:

Oh yes...water is a must! I did bought ready botted water and froze them. We took them to Disneyland and California Adventure. Sure enough it saved us the money! :) And it stay cold all day. ;) OFC we drank soda at lunch and dinner that was it.

So if I go outside all day, I would do the same thing.

Great Thread! :thumb:

Drink too much water is NOT good for you neither !

Body need balance with BOTH water and salt/minerals.
I still do NOT know how to control or keep balance anyway.
Very difficult for me to listen to my own body
especially during the hot weather. Thats why
I almost got a heat stroke before even though
I ALREADY drank tooooooo much water !!!

CyberRed said:
Right. It's important to drink a plenty of water. I drink one gallon of water everyday. Boy, it sure feels good to drink COLD water -- ahhhh ! :thumb:

I second that!

Happened to me once which was abt few yrs ago, as I did not know but though I was okay cuz I did drink water but that was not enough that time.... I was taking a nap..can't remmy how long, tho... but later when I feel need bathroom so I went but my mother was there first so I had to wait but when by the time I turned around to go back to my bedroom to wait out for her... I was suddently feeling funny and my legs was buckle (sp?) and fell.....cuz I was passed out which I never had that before, first time in my life! I had my eyes opened when mom trying to wave over my eyes only I can't see!!! werid! But finally mom touched my arm that woke me up! Mom had me in cold water over my head and neck to cool me off! Geez.. not sure which...heat stoke or heat exhuasttion cuz I had maybe long nap that hot day... so can't remmy tho... I was okay then! So I had to keep on drinking water!

That Can Happen To The Healthy Person, Too. I Drink Alot Of Water, Up To 8 -10 Glass A Day. My H.e.d. Dog Has A Bottle Of Frozen Water Prepared The Night Before Which I Take Everywhere With Me For Her.

Last year when it was so hot and my head was so sore!!!! not even headache just sore feel like rock hard and I asked my mom about it that I never does that before and she said take cold bath or take cloth to put in cold water then put on forehead so I took cold bath then cold water on cloth on my forehead in few mins much better went down no more sore then later got worn out so tired cause of sore head.

DeafMonkey said:
Last year when it was so hot and my head was so sore!!!! not even headache just sore feel like rock hard and I asked my mom about it that I never does that before and she said take cold bath or take cloth to put in cold water then put on forehead so I took cold bath then cold water on cloth on my forehead in few mins much better went down no more sore then later got worn out so tired cause of sore head.

I understand about the "sore" head, especially here in So. Calif. Sometimes when it is hot out and I am mowing the lawn, I like to put a wet towel on my head, lol.

Tousi said:
I understand about the "sore" head, especially here in So. Calif. Sometimes when it is hot out and I am mowing the lawn, I like to put a wet towel on my head, lol.

it would be good idea to put wet towel around your head to make feel cool lol :lol: .. here not that bad weather cause more rain :lol:

LoL@My babycakes. Close though just off by a year Aug. of 2003 and damn I spent 4 hrs in that ER that day

FelixKat930 said:
yes, it happened to my husband Jeremy once when we was at Check and Cash place.. I was scared when he fainted like that. I was like, "Oh No!" And the people who works there had to call 911 for the amblance to come. And I had to go with him to the ER. It turned out that he didn't drink enough water! Poor him! and his blood pressure was low also! It happened in Aug. 2002. Ever since, he's just doing better and I hope that he wouldn't do that again! :(

Okay, it has been said that drinking cold, iced water isn't good if you are out in the sun for a long time.

One of my uncles was working outdoors and went indoors to drink cold, iced water, he got what the doctor said was heat stroke.

Back