Lqqking

sonocativo

Reaction score
Well, waiting on my pre-approval ( should know this week ) anyways, I found a property 4 acres with (2) 3 bedroom Doublewide modulars on wells/septic systems. Great price at $22K

so I could rent one out and live in the other to help pay for the property, then later keep it all to myself.... beautiful property with a small spring fed lake, and very secluded. Not too far from where my old house was, about 15 minutes south out of the city limits so its unicorporated and everything is grangfathered in...there is 2 electric hookups along with 2 wells and 2 septic systems. But its a dream property so hoping for the best.

Whats nice is both these homes are seperated pretty far so not like you look out and theres another house, trees block the view as well and seperate drives from the main driveway, hmmmmmmmmmmmm, enough land to just go out and relax, or ?

Well, waiting on my pre-approval ( should know this week ) anyways, I found a property 4 acres with (2) 3 bedroom Doublewide modulars on wells/septic systems. Great price at $22K

so I could rent one out and live in the other to help pay for the property, then later keep it all to myself.... beautiful property with a small spring fed lake, and very secluded. Not too far from where my old house was, about 15 minutes south out of the city limits so its unicorporated and everything is grangfathered in...there is 2 electric hookups along with 2 wells and 2 septic systems. But its a dream property so hoping for the best.

Whats nice is both these homes are seperated pretty far so not like you look out and theres another house, trees block the view as well and seperate drives from the main driveway, hmmmmmmmmmmmm, enough land to just go out and relax, or ?

Awesome find!

Sent from my SM-T217S using AllDeaf App mobile app

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

I forget - did you sell your house yet? I remember all the issues you were having, but forgot what the final result was.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

I forget - did you sell your house yet? I remember all the issues you were having, but forgot what the final result was.
Yes, got it sold. Was a crazy deal to get it done... one party or the other never had the papers on time, then the funds got held up on the other party, took over a month to close after the set date ( My agent and I were furious and threatened to sue the broker I bought the house through in Texas...well that got the sale finalized the next day ) It wa sold August 2015

Omg how cheap.for property like that be at least more than Millians here uk money

Omg how cheap.for property like that be at least more than Millians here uk money

That's probably because the UK is so small compared to the wide open spaces of the US. Sono is in Missouri.

24B1F8C500000578-2910318-image-a-17_1421261518240.jpg

A little hiccup, but the lender is working to get around it all... Being to get a certain loan so I dont need to pay out of pocket I have to be 3 years out of a house, well legally the house I had was held in the brokers name... BUT, at closing they had to put it into my name for about 30 minutes to give me power of attorney to sign doccuments on their behalf.... so, trying to see if the underwriters will consider what happened?
Yet there are several options to go USDA, FHA and others... so we will see soon.
Anyways heres the 4 acres with the homes that I am shooting for.

Attachments

• 00n0n_goeFYLtnwiL_600x450.jpg
    00n0n_goeFYLtnwiL_600x450.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 00U0U_10qQqtLXn6o_600x450.jpg
    00U0U_10qQqtLXn6o_600x450.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 00N0N_iiHA7WoyAk9_600x450.jpg
    00N0N_iiHA7WoyAk9_600x450.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 13
A little hiccup, but the lender is working to get around it all... Being to get a certain loan so I dont need to pay out of pocket I have to be 3 years out of a house, well legally the house I had was held in the brokers name... BUT, at closing they had to put it into my name for about 30 minutes to give me power of attorney to sign doccuments on their behalf.... so, trying to see if the underwriters will consider what happened?
Yet there are several options to go USDA, FHA and others... so we will see soon.
Anyways heres the 4 acres with the homes that I am shooting for.

That looks nice. Probably farm workers housing before?

That looks nice. Probably farm workers housing before?
No idea? I think it was more of 2 families living on the same property as everything is grandfathered in ( 2 septics, 2 wells and 2 homes )
I just want to fix one for myself and either sell/tear down the other or fix and keep as a backup or rent it out??? Cant hunt it since its less than 5 acres ( unless thats grandfathered in as well, still looking into it ) but for 4 acres, that allows for a pretty nice sized garden and room for more. The lot is cleared where the homes sit, but the rest is mostly wooded and perfect for firewood and just walking around. A few more properties are popping up so I am watching like a Hawk right now, as there is a lot of potential in the unincorporated, rural areas and Im hungry for a deal right now...lol

No idea? I think it was more of 2 families living on the same property as everything is grandfathered in ( 2 septics, 2 wells and 2 homes )
I just want to fix one for myself and either sell/tear down the other or fix and keep as a backup or rent it out??? Cant hunt it since its less than 5 acres ( unless thats grandfathered in as well, still looking into it ) but for 4 acres, that allows for a pretty nice sized garden and room for more. The lot is cleared where the homes sit, but the rest is mostly wooded and perfect for firewood and just walking around. A few more properties are popping up so I am watching like a Hawk right now, as there is a lot of potential in the unincorporated, rural areas and Im hungry for a deal right now...lol

I was thinking that too keep one house for back up , if you to do have work one house you can live in the other one. You could have a real nice garden and can food for the winter. You could have some fruit trees.

Not a bad idea to keep the second one as back up while renovating the first one then afterwards maybe rent it out or keep as a 'guest house'.

Not a bad idea to keep the second one as back up while renovating the first one then afterwards maybe rent it out or keep as a 'guest house'.
Yes, I gave the "guest House" idea a thought too. I know we have family over or family gather for funuerals and weddings so it would give extra rooms instead of a hotel/motel, also friends who come visit or someone needing a "doghouse" for a while...lol ( not for animals )
But the possibilities for bon fires and camping out on my own property is pretty cool.

That's probably because the UK is so small compared to the wide open spaces of the US. Sono is in Missouri.

24B1F8C500000578-2910318-image-a-17_1421261518240.jpg

Thanks LoveBlue this is the best illustration of the comparison in size I have ever seen. I have long wanted a way to show it and have not found it.

Thanks LoveBlue this is the best illustration of the comparison in size I have ever seen. I have long wanted a way to show it and have not found it.
Its really amazing how much open, uninhibited land is in the US. In Missouri, Illinois, Kansas alone it is just rolling hills and fields of nothing for miles... other states are the same (wyoming, Colorado, Utah...ect..) so much open land but then you have to consider no stores for miles, youll need a well for water and so on... if you did forget something at the store on your shopping trip, well there goes a full day of driving...lol
I ten to find land that 30 minutes or less from the store and try to be closer to any hospitals or doctors. ( Love that my First Aid/CPR training comes into play there...lol)

Its really amazing how much open, uninhibited land is in the US. In Missouri, Illinois, Kansas alone it is just rolling hills and fields of nothing for miles... other states are the same (wyoming, Colorado, Utah...ect..) so much open land but then you have to consider no stores for miles, youll need a well for water and so on... if you did forget something at the store on your shopping trip, well there goes a full day of driving...lol
I ten to find land that 30 minutes or less from the store and try to be closer to any hospitals or doctors. ( Love that my First Aid/CPR training comes into play there...lol)

Which is why I love traveling by train. I've seen so much open space in trips across the country. And I still have more to see. Hoping to do the High Line across North Dakota & Montana (travel between Chicago and either Seattle, WA or Portland, OR) in the next year or two.

For Southern Illinois it depends on where you are; there are some rural water systems. I think most of them come out of the oil field water flooding.

It is a somewhat different situation but I know within the City of Centralia friends kept a well that they used mainly for watering their garden but we also liked to drink the water until the water flooding came along and it changed the taste. I was a kid so don't know what any testing would have shown.

Shop on net...I surppose big foot could live area so big

For Southern Illinois it depends on where you are; there are some rural water systems. I think most of them come out of the oil field water flooding.

It is a somewhat different situation but I know within the City of Centralia friends kept a well that they used mainly for watering their garden but we also liked to drink the water until the water flooding came along and it changed the taste. I was a kid so don't know what any testing would have shown.
an old friend of mine, his dad relocated them down to Marion Il when he retired. Only thing to do down there was listening to the cockroaches fart... it was that boring. 1 restaurant was all that was in that town besides a small mom n pop store.

I knew some people that brought land in Northern California and they had a hard finding any water . The land was on down hill too and people were joking about try to build a house on a hill with no water. I don't know what happen I moved backed the city b/c there was not a lot of places to live, you had to build your house and some people build a house anywhere they felt like it. They didn't buy the land , they were trespassing . I was renting out a cabin but the road was starting to wash away during the winter .
I loved living in open land it was so beautiful in Northern Calif. in the
70's.

Back