Low End Hearing Aids, eg Phonak Naida III UPs.

Hi there! I finally fixed his hearing aid. Turned out that a little white filter in the ear hook, was blocking the sound. I have to remove it and now it is working. Whew lol. Then I managed to find all of my old hearing aids from my mom's cabinet lol
f4sc.jpg

That'll be down to moisture then, blocking the white filter. Using a dry n store would help.

EDIT: Just to be aware that filter inside the earhook was there to stop moisture from getting inside the hearing aid so as its removed, you need to make sure moisuture does not get inside the hearing aid.

Also the hearing aid should be reprogrammed to be used without the white filter. Not sure how much different it makes but when you program the Naidas, you have to put in what type of ear hook you are using ie no white filter or white filter, it will then program the hearing aids correctly.

Last edited:
Friend of mine told me she only paid $1,000 for a Phonak Naida, which surprised me.

I'm used to price tags of $6,000 for two hearing aids.

Have prices really come down a lot for quality hearing aids, or did she buy a low or mid-grade hearing aid?

Yes, I saw the price about $980 for the pair of Phonak Naida hearing aids myself.

Hi NaidaUP,

Well, we already made an appointment for my dad to see my audiologist next week. That way, she can reprogram his hearing aids for him and possibly insert new white filter. Do audiologists have white filters for them? Then we will get new earmold for him as well. His mold is really old and is from... umm I dont remember it got to be at least 7 years ago 0.o lol

Hi NaidaUP,

Well, we already made an appointment for my dad to see my audiologist next week. That way, she can reprogram his hearing aids for him and possibly insert new white filter. Do audiologists have white filters for them? Then we will get new earmold for him as well. His mold is really old and is from... umm I dont remember it got to be at least 7 years ago 0.o lol

The Naida can be used without the white filter but should be programmed to be used without.

Your audiologist won't be able to insert a new filter, but will have to change the ear hook which will cost about $6 if you have to pay, so not too much. Your audiologist may be happy to have to ear hook without the filter tho :)

My friend seems to block her filters so has two pairs of ear hooks, when one set blocks up, she will swapped over ear hooks and let the others dry out naturally.

Hope it all goes well :)

Back