Louisiana Governor declares emergency ahead of Gustav

When Andrew's eye hit Homestead (south of Miami) it was a Cat 5 but it was a Cat 3 when it hit Morgan City, Lousiana.

oh really! was it cat 4!! wow! i remmy it was weak i look out the window before i saw the eye then after eye pass by.. it was just raining and windy.. not like katrina in tv..

strange!

islandgal ohhh cat 3.. that means it went down to cat 1 when i look out the window or woke up the morning.. i remmy it all wet and alot of leave fall onto the ground it was soo mess.. one rotten tree was fall down and made it cross the fence at my backyard .. i took pics.. i had that somewhere with me or my mother storage.. i dont remmy where i keep lol! oh boy

oh really! was it cat 4!! wow! i remmy it was weak i look out the window before i saw the eye then after eye pass by.. it was just raining and windy.. not like katrina in tv..

strange!

That depends on where you were.

i saw on news about that its really horribles!

hurricanes getting more worse since Katrina 2005 3 years ago and get damages new orleans homes,busniess and lots of mores but im sure louisiana resident need get out ASAP than staying!

my great-uncle been lives there in Louisiana for lifes but im not sure what he do?

not bad.. some damage.. good news.. it goes downgrade to Cat 1 then soon it will be DIE! lol! yea some area were flooded and some damage.. many were safe so far..

not bad.. some damage.. good news.. it goes downgrade to Cat 1 then soon it will be DIE! lol! yea some area were flooded and some damage.. many were safe so far..

Yeah... apparently, it ain't that bad but wait till tomorrow and find out more how much damages caused. I assumed before that it wouldn't be like Katrina's.

Only it considers me bit about the oil drilling rigs due to the gas prices. lol

A while ago, a levee in the southeast part of Louisiana was on the verge of collapse but some officials scrambled to fortify it. It is not over yet until all of the levees are inspected to make sure there are no damages.

Hurricane Hanna and Tropical Storm Ike are out there. Seems that it is going to be another crazy hurricane season.

A while ago, a levee in the southeast part of Louisiana was on the verge of collapse but some officials scrambled to fortify it. It is not over yet until all of the levees are inspected to make sure there are no damages.

Hurricane Hanna and Tropical Storm Ike are out there. Seems that it is going to be another crazy hurricane season.

Yep this year gonna be another crazy hurricane season.

I was watching CNN earlier and they reported that the Feds estimate the damages of Gustav will be worth approximately $30 billion. They won't know the actual estimate of the damages until the aftermath of Gustav.

jolie. not 30.. it says possilbe to be about 10 billions..

web730 yea.. just wait and see.. right.. just find out more later on..

oh really it was change which i didnt know! wow! i thought it just something first decide on that amount .. you know i mean.. but wow!

Gustav seems like a bust but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

We can only wonder what else this hurricane season has in store. It's going to be another active one for sure.

Back