loud music and pain

terrifickmb

Reaction score
hi , first off i am 27 year old female who has moderate to severe hearing loss in both ears, i wear cic aids , i did wear bte aids since i was 5 years old though. i suffer tinnitus and vertigo pretty much all the time. so my sister got married this last saturday, they had a dj playing music at the reception, my table was as far as the could seat me , but you cant avoid situations like this all the time, and i did get up dance with the family and my nieces and have a good time. it didnt hurt at the time, but i knew as soon as i got home into some quiet that my ears were very fatigued and tinnitus was worse, the pain since then in my ears particulary the one has been quite bad since then. that one ear i suffered a really bad ear infection, that needed suctioning and led to hole in ear drum beginning of this year it took 3 months to heal and never seemed to bouce back 100%. does anyone else suffer this sort of thing when exposed to music etc? what do you do about it?

Fortunately I don't have your problem-to date. I have had "hearing difficulties" over 40 years. I became bilateral DEAF in December 2006.

The only advice-visit your ENT doctor forthwith and advising your problem.

Good luck in getting the "solution"

My friend said to me the other day that she's been told to keep her Nadia SPs in her ears as they act like ear plugs b/c of the MPO within the hearing aids. She is always going to concerts etc. She also has a moderate to severe loss so can pick up sounds without her hearing aids.

Until she kept her hearing aids in, she would always come away with more tinnitus, vertigo and also reduced hearing.

Not sure if CIC hearing aids have MPOs but what you are describing is pretty normal with loud music and if ya suffer from vertigo, then its always more of a problem when you come away from loud music.

Thanks everyone, I can't hear much without the hearing aids, my biggest problem with my hearing loss is background noise. I usually avoid situations like this, but with family it's unavoidable. There won't be anything else like this for quite some time if ever lol. I have been told bout turning hearing aids off or wearing ear plugs, but it makes me think what's the point because I wouldn't be hearing anything. It's extremely rare thing for me to expose myself to that sort of thing. Hopefully it will settle soon.

Thanks everyone, I can't hear much without the hearing aids, my biggest problem with my hearing loss is background noise. I usually avoid situations like this, but with family it's unavoidable. There won't be anything else like this for quite some time if ever lol. I have been told bout turning hearing aids off or wearing ear plugs, but it makes me think what's the point because I wouldn't be hearing anything. It's extremely rare thing for me to expose myself to that sort of thing. Hopefully it will settle soon.

Being exposed to loud noise is never a good thing. It's not like you're able to follow conversation anyway. I have similar hearing loss and whenever I'm around loud music - my aids are turned off. The point is to have them on when you're having a conversation in a normal setting. Parties and loud music isn't what I'd call a normal setting so protect your hearing and turn the aids off when the music is blasting.

Laura

Back