lose a body function

which one to lose? why?

• Vision & eyes

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Touch / feeling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taste / Smelling

• Thinking / deeper brain functions (laughing, crying, angry, etc)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Your legs

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Your arms

• Your teeth

• Hair on your head or other area

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Your private parts

• Your personality (street smarts, skills, smooth talker, etc)

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
^^^TWA, you're terrible! :giggle:

Grum's got some gems on this thread. :lol:

Obviously hair is what I would prefer to lose (I'm already losing it anyway. Hah), but as DD7 points out, that's just too easy. So of the remaining functions, I'd go with teeth. I'd probably prefer to lose a limb before I lost my sense of taste and smell. Food is just too important to me; if I lost my ability to appreciate it, that would be devastating.

The option to choose between two neurological/cognitive processes (deeper thinking/personality) is interesting. At face value, either of them seem to be the worst to lose IMO, but there's a lot of variables. Like, if I lost my deeper thinking abilities, would I understand what I was missing out on? Would I wish for the ability to laugh and cry and empathize but be unable to attain that? If so, that would obviously be the worst. But if it turned out that I were not aware of what I were missing, then the old adage, ignorance is bliss would hold true.

that one is ALREADY granted to the rich and powerful, they did by 'education' and institutional authority, while our brains are mostly working, but the full potential are prevented buy means of coerion or consent to this with 'fabled' powers.
its just silly to ask 'do you want to lose your mind?' no, i think the masses already has...its like...
physiologically they havent but ideologically they have!

Teeth. Most definitely teeth. Gum disease runs in my family so it's a fight againts genetics that i'm bound to loose sooner or later. Dentures aren't so very bad.

Voted for hair as the easiest... Whoops! Lost it already :lol:

I don't know how to answer what would be the worse thing to lose as it reveals more about my fears and prejudice than anything else. Think of how many hearing people who say that losing their hearing would be a complete and utter disaster - but as we deaf people know - it doesn't have to be a disaster at all.

I read an inspirational biography of a deaf person who later lost their sight - at first glance the worse thing to lose for someone who relied on visual sign language - but then went on to live a fulfilling life as deaf-blind person.

Hair.

Any of the rest of that list would be very difficult for me to deal with.

Back