**loopsets...headsets...help?**

HOH33stars

Reaction score
Hiya!
I just got my first set of BTE aids (Starkey Destiny 200s). They do have a t-coil that I can switch to if I need to. My question is, I want to get a headset to use for my cell phone (I just bought today the env2 by verizon). I was hoping for one that could give sound to both ears and I could still talk on it. Anyway, would any regular headset that goes over the ears work or does it specifically have to say for "hearing aid use"? What are the loops that I'm seeing when I search? Do I have to have something connected to my hearing aids to make those work? With just starting with hearing aids, I really don't know what I should be looking for...
Thanks for the help!

As for headphones you can wear any of them and with the T-coil on you can hear only the music.

With the loop I don't know as I never had the chance to use one

Actually Nokia and Motorola have special neckloops that are hearing-aid compatible and they would normally work with any hearing aid with T-coil. You just wear the neck loop like a lanyard and talk on the phone with your hearing aids on (neckloop acts like a microphone).

Look up Nokia Accessibility & Motorola too, though I would strongly recommend Nokia. If you want to be able to talk using T-coil and without loops, then you got to try out and see how it works (didnt work for me!).

Nokia Accessibility: Home

Motorola United States - Accessibility

I know some of the Motorola old stuff was interfering with my hearing aids, but the new stuff like the black berry and such has not interfered with my hearing aids.

Thanks for the info about the neck loop, I will have to look into that! I need to get a new phone but not sure what I will be getting but I would like to get on that is capable of using a neck loop.

From what I understand, you do not need extra accessories (except for batteries) in order to use a Bluetooth neckloop with your hearing aids. If you're looking for a Bluetooth neckloop, you might want to check out the one made by Artone. Just do a Google search for "Artone Bluetooth amplified neckloop." Hope this helps! :)

Yes some Motorola phones do interfer with hearing aids. Blackberries dont and neither do Nokia phones. All you have to do is check the HA compatibility rating, if it is T3/T4 or M3/M4 or higher, it will be compatible.

I can also recommend something else that I have used in the past - a Bluetooth Connector. There is a FM System device called the Phonak Smartlink and the FM device has bluetooth. You can use it with any bluetooth cellphone and with the bluetooth technology, you can talk directly with the hearing aids on (T-coil option ofcourse). You dont need a Phonak hearing aid for that. Also, the FM system is really awesome and very useful.

Hiya!
I just got my first set of BTE aids (Starkey Destiny 200s). They do have a t-coil that I can switch to if I need to. My question is, I want to get a headset to use for my cell phone (I just bought today the env2 by verizon). I was hoping for one that could give sound to both ears and I could still talk on it. Anyway, would any regular headset that goes over the ears work or does it specifically have to say for "hearing aid use"? What are the loops that I'm seeing when I search? Do I have to have something connected to my hearing aids to make those work? With just starting with hearing aids, I really don't know what I should be looking for...
Thanks for the help!
Hi
u could set ur destiny 200 automatic telephone response in one the 4 programmable memory; or if u want use only telecoil i can tell you u have to choices:
1) Look for a bluetooth neckloop, artone is one, or u could try the eli bluetooth with direct audio input, and the neckloop for use with both hearing aids
2)u could use one of telecoil compatible cell phone, for example the nokia 6555 has a little magnet in the speaker so u can set the automatic telecoil response
try one of these, if u need help contact me

Back