Looking???

theatregrl

Reaction score
I have been in a relationship for 4 years. He is not sensitive to my new hearing loss. I am loosing my hearing and if I follow the path if my family members ill be deaf in a few years. Once each of them started to lose their hearing it went quickly. He said he is torn. Not knowing how he would deal with a deaf wife. (We were supposed to be married.) I have now decided I want to make friends and branch out into the Deaf community. I told him I needed space to deal with my new reality. So here I am. Anyone interested in making a friend etc.

Good idea on getting space with the guy who can say he doesn't know. Real feelings do not see what is wrong with you. Someone who cares cares about who you are. It is why I automatically pass over women who put up glamor photo s. Only good thing about dating deaf guys is that we can communicate with you. Everything else about the relationships will be the same old. But best to avoid any deaf from new jersey

I'm sure it will be the same stuff. But communication will be better especially if/when I lose my hearing completely. I am also just looking for friends. Maybe someone t sign with for when I learn ASL. I made contact with my Deaf and hard of hearing relatives but none of them use ASL. One uses SEE (but even she is mostly oral) and the rest are oral.

Start off with finger spelling. Do it evryday just spelling words you see while you walk or drive or whatever. After a while it is like writing, unconsious spelling. That will be your fall back option for when you learn signs. I. Meet hearing people who should master fingerspelling before doing signs. Would be smoother when they don't know a sign

I have been looking online and doing some finger spelling. The problem comes with my family being unwilling and my now ex. I want to meet people who I can FaceTime/Skype with to learn. Or even people I can meet up in person. As my life starts to change I want to have people who I can communicate with.

Try meetup.com, there might be an ASL group on your area. In my area there is a large group, but out of the 500+ member only a handful identify themselves as deaf. Still, it will give you ASL practice.

I have been in a relationship for 4 years. He is not sensitive to my new hearing loss. I am loosing my hearing and if I follow the path if my family members ill be deaf in a few years. Once each of them started to lose their hearing it went quickly. He said he is torn. Not knowing how he would deal with a deaf wife. (We were supposed to be married.) I have now decided I want to make friends and branch out into the Deaf community. I told him I needed space to deal with my new reality. So here I am. Anyone interested in making a friend etc.

Well if you are in question about how he feels, and him as well, it does not sound right at all... He should never be torn. This is sad and I am very sorry to hear it :( I would happily be your friend if you want to chat or anything.

Thanks. If u wanna chat pm me. I M usually around. Right now I have been completely e entrenched in the hearing world. I can still hear with and witbout my has. Witbout many things are muffled. I feel as though it is getting worse as the weeks go by. So far I have only had one real change since my loss was identified. I am getting used to the hearing aids so without them I feel as though it is getting worse. It's hard to explain. Right now I would love to meet someone who has been through what I am going through or someone who who's what I am feeling not able to really understand people without my hearing aids

I have been in the hearing world most of my life and I socialize with the deaf for awhile but still don't know where I fit in. so I know its gonna be difficult for you but you will make new friends in time

Thanks. If u wanna chat pm me. I M usually around. Right now I have been completely e entrenched in the hearing world. I can still hear with and witbout my has. Witbout many things are muffled. I feel as though it is getting worse as the weeks go by. So far I have only had one real change since my loss was identified. I am getting used to the hearing aids so without them I feel as though it is getting worse. It's hard to explain. Right now I would love to meet someone who has been through what I am going through or someone who who's what I am feeling not able to really understand people without my hearing aids

Sounds rough.. I'm sorry :( If you got FB or anything like that feel free to add me. I am always around :) My FB is in my "Contact info" on this site :)

Back