Looking for some friends

Hollyrose321

Reaction score
Heyy, my name is holly. I am hearing. I am an ASL student. I really would like to gain dome deaf friends. I was at a deaf expo today and I feel like once I told someone I was hearing, people walked away and wanted nothing to do with me! So im looking for some penpals and someone who can give me some advice!

I would assume that you went to the one in Warren, MI, correct? Some of my friends went there. I did not go there, though.

Hello Holly,
Welcome to AllDeaf. Where was that Expo you attended and upon introducing yourself
as Hearing and people walk away? Curious who are the (people)
you are referring to?
I am assuming at Deaf Expo in Austin, Texas???
Good luck with your ASL studies. Cheers.

Hello holly my name is missy and I am deaf and I would love to be your friend if you would like that I am from richmond Indiana

MELISSA DARLING

Hi holly. I'm trying to learn asl and wanted someone to maybe FaceTime with or something to help me learn. I hope you have found some nice people on here

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Sorry to say, but that is a reaction that you will get from a lot of Deaf people. Not saying all... not even saying most... ( not saying least either ) but you will definitely get that reaction from a lot of Deaf people. If your feelings are hurt easily, you are working with the wrong group of people... But yes, that is a reaction you are going to get at Deaf events, quite a bit. Eventually you will meet some people who will talk with you... all you can do is keep putting yourself out there to meet like minded individuals... but as I said, just be prepared for that same reaction in the future... don't be surprised.

Back