Looking for deaf or HOH friend

Jamman

Reaction score
Hi my name is James. I am new to all this. I have been hard of hearing for several years now, I've been wearing hearing aids for about 4 years but this year I suffered SSHL in my right ear. The loss was so profound that I have had to slowly come to terms with only having moderate hearing in my left ear. Your whole world changes in a flash. I went through various stages of frustration, confidence knocks and trying to find a way to adapt as the world around me sounded very different. I find it hard in groups of people and especially in busy or noisy environments. I rarely see my closest friends anymore and I never answer my phone unless I happen to be wearing my phone loop. My employer has had to make significant changes to my job so as to accommodate me. I turn 40 years of age next year and with a whole new outlook on life I would really like to make a friend that can really relate to what I have gone through. I live in the far south of England on a small Island and if there is anyone nearby that might like to introduce themselves and have a chat I'm all ears. Hoping that if I find the right person we could exchange numbers and maybe keep in touch through WhatsApp and perhaps even meet one day. If anyone has any questions then please fire away. I'll start by answering one possible question, hobbies: I love my local gym

Back