Looking for Deaf Communities

BirdBurst

Reaction score
I recently moved back to Montana from Oregon and now I'm planning to visit other states. I'm looking for large deaf communities and even large deaf churches too. So far I know most of the large cities have them like Rochester, NY, Fremont, CA, Los Angeles, Houston, Texas, Seattle, Washington, and a few others. I'm leaning to Seattle, Washington because it's closer to where I live and I like the weather there. But I have no idea if it's safe because I read that Vancouver, WA is dangerous and that the deafies there are rough. Am I wrong? I would appreciate any input and ideas. Thanks.

That's interesting, rough how?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I recently moved back to Montana from Oregon and now I'm planning to visit other states. I'm looking for large deaf communities and even large deaf churches too. So far I know most of the large cities have them like Rochester, NY, Fremont, CA, Los Angeles, Houston, Texas, Seattle, Washington, and a few others. I'm leaning to Seattle, Washington because it's closer to where I live and I like the weather there. But I have no idea if it's safe because I read that Vancouver, WA is dangerous and that the deafies there are rough. Am I wrong? I would appreciate any input and ideas. Thanks.

Hi! I'm not familiar of how the Deaf Community are like in Seattle. Although, I have couple of friends living there. According to them, it seems that its relatively good there. I've heard of positive things from them.

Indianapolis has a good Deaf Community size and I attend the church there too. The church has a good number of deafies going there. Austin, TX is another place where there's a large Deaf Community. You could check them out.

Hi! I'm not familiar of how the Deaf Community are like in Seattle. Although, I have couple of friends living there. According to them, it seems that its relatively good there. I've heard of positive things from them.

Indianapolis has a good Deaf Community size and I attend the church there too. The church has a good number of deafies going there. Austin, TX is another place where there's a large Deaf Community. You could check them out.

Ah, my company will have a plant in Elkhart County which is north of Indianapolis which is merely just a few short hours. This would be a huge helpful to us in hiring Deaf workers and staff for our new company, Sea Gull RV Company. Thanks for a huge help!

Last edited:
I don't have a friends in usa but I am travelling this year. Am hoping to meet deaf community especially in Texas (Austin) . I must go San Fran where deaf own restaurant :) I hope u will manage to find any deaf
Community like I hope myself would this sept /oct :)

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Back