Looking for best hearing aide compatable telephone headset

IndieVisible

Reaction score
Hello every one! I need some advice. I am on the telephone 8+ hours a day speaking to engineers from all over. It's important I get the details down as quickly as possible. Only problem is I wear hearing aides in both ears. I have over 40% loss in each ear last I checked.

I have the Phonak Naida hearing aides. I place the headsets the company supplies us at work righ on my hearing aides. I use the auto-phone mode which is Tcoil+mike. This setting works ok for most calls I get however some times the engineers call from noisy factories and or they have thick accents.

I was wondering if any one here work on phones for most of day with 40+ hearing loss, wearing hearing aides and what they do at work to improve conditions.

Is there a better telephone headset I can use?

What hearing aide settings do you use?

I love my job, but really feel terrible when I have to keep asking some callers to repeat what they said.

If the phone has a 2.5 mm plug as most cellphone has you can get a bi-annal hatis.

HATIS® Corporation

This is 5+ years ago. Now there are several t-coil models out there - probably cheaper.
Also, there is a (are) "converter" from 3.5mm to 2.5 mm - CapTel folks would know.

Sheng-Chieh

If the phone has a 2.5 mm plug as most cellphone has you can get a bi-annal hatis.

HATIS® Corporation

This is 5+ years ago. Now there are several t-coil models out there - probably cheaper.
Also, there is a (are) "converter" from 3.5mm to 2.5 mm - CapTel folks would know.

Sheng-Chieh

This is for work, desk phone with headsets and mike. Professional headsets for work. Thx!

This is for work, desk phone with headsets and mike. Professional headsets for work. Thx!

I use a combination FM transmitter/receiver/bluetooth combo (Smartlink SX and Phonak ML10i receivers) to have a good connection. The bad news with using FM is the expense involved....here's some links:

http://www.phonak.com/consumer/products/fm/smartlink.htm

http://www.phonak.com/consumer/products/fm/receivers_new.htm

http://www.jabra.com/Sites/Jabra/NA-US/Headsets/Pages/JabraA7010BluetoothHub.aspx

Last edited:
what about bluetooth ear headsets? does any work with hearing aids ? The only thing i can think of is how uncomfortable it might be.

I'm sure if you have a in-the-ear aid, there will be some bluetooth earsets that will work (without the in the ear mold), but since I have a BTE aid, I have no use for this. The best thing for me was the FM/bluetooth device....but that costs a pretty penny.....$1500-2000 for both transmitter and receiver. Having a Phonak iCom or equivalent to match your aid would be cheaper.

I have BTE Phonak Naida, work set up is a cheap plantronics amplifier with dual/mike headset, terrible! There must be some thing better with out too much money?

I've heard of people using DAI boots with a DAI cord adapter that could work....will have to look at my bookmarks and see if I can find the link.....

Back