Looking for a Deaf Penpal with Webcam to sign!

earthangie

Reaction score
Hi
I can hear just fine. In my case, it's a curse because I hear too much and its too overstimulating so I wear eag plugs a lot. I am visually impaired in one eye so that's probably why my other senses went up.

Anyway, I'm looking for someone who can chat with me on the web via webcam. I took sign language for a year in high school and loved it but forgot a lot since I had no where to use it. I would like someone to chat with me and teach me the languge THEIR way instead of watching videos and reading books. They say immersion is the best way. This time, I want to take what I learn and put it to good use!! I like to do charities and stuff and I'm also sort of looking for my path in life... a career! So while I'm stuck at the job.. I want to find something that is leading to the career. Maybe I could become an interpretor!

Would anyone be willing to give this crazy girl some lessons? I'm 25 and I'm from CT. Hopefully I'll be a silly student!

Carolyn

Hi
I can hear just fine. In my case, it's a curse because I hear too much and its too overstimulating so I wear eag plugs a lot. I am visually impaired in one eye so that's probably why my other senses went up.

Anyway, I'm looking for someone who can chat with me on the web via webcam. I took sign language for a year in high school and loved it but forgot a lot since I had no where to use it. I would like someone to chat with me and teach me the languge THEIR way instead of watching videos and reading books. They say immersion is the best way. This time, I want to take what I learn and put it to good use!! I like to do charities and stuff and I'm also sort of looking for my path in life... a career! So while I'm stuck at the job.. I want to find something that is leading to the career. Maybe I could become an interpretor!

Would anyone be willing to give this crazy girl some lessons? I'm 25 and I'm from CT. Hopefully I'll be a silly student!

Carolyn

http://www.alldeaf.com/sign-language-oralism/75678-students-looking-asl-buddies.html

Here is the thread for you!

If you get to 50 posts and prove you plan to stay, PFH promises video tutoring.

Otherwise you can find other hearing students to practice with. :)

deafchat.com is dead. Is there another site that I can webcam with the deaf that anyone knows about?

I can, but some webcam site is choppy as all heck, so some sites varies

Yiz, I thought it was a temporary shut down only. How long has it been down now?

Back