Long resetting hearing aid levels

terrifickmb

Reaction score
Hi all, I have had the longest, most frustrating day, I got my hearing back last week after it having to be sent away to be repaired, it was without it for 12 days and they replaced the microphone and receiver. I wasn't hearing properly out of it so they fit me in first thing this morn to check it she the levels were down so we played with it a while. It was really hard to get an acceptable legal that felt equal to the other aid, it was either too loud and sharp and echoey or it was full and low. It got to point my ear was fatigued I couldn't tell anymore and tinnitus was really bad so I thought it was ok, walked out headed to my next appt at dentist and realized it was extremely loud and painful so I rang and got then to fit me in after dentist, so back it was played with more walked outside couldn't hear enough but other sounds were too loud. So back in and played with it more. Changed a program I don't norm use the different programs at all, he wants me to use it. I think the level is ok it's going take time to relearn hearing this way and teach my ear and brain this is normal again I guess. There was almost tears in between, I really really hate this part struggling with levels and adjusting to it. My ear has been really painful ever since but it's almost bedtime looking forward to taking the hearing aid out. Do you all have the same or similar trouble??

Yes I do, especially after they factory reset my hearing aid without my knowledge!!

Drives me nuts. I've had the same issue with both analog and digital hearing aids...:( Can never get the right range/'feel'.

That's exactly what happened to me it came back from the factory after being fixed completely different, they never told me. I can never get that right level , I feel I need a half level in between to be right but of course there is no such thing. No one around me except my mum understands what it's like to go through, I get stupid questions from friends saying oh well can't you just turn it up or down yourself? Umm no, a, there are no volume controls on these digital aids, b, it's just not that simple every range if frequency has to be adjusted multiple times as well as volume and a lot of other stuff.

that is one thing I insist on.. a volume control. No matter since since nearly when I got these, I have had them cranked to full at the max power anyway lol.

I wish I could send my 'hearing' in to get fixed too. Joking . I guess you did have a long day as you forget to saying hearing aid. I think the audi should have a TV set in their office so people could listen to that and see how the HA sound. I hate having to only go by the audi voice to test my HA to see if it's adjusted right for me. What is causing the pain in your ear? I can't wear a HA in my right ear anymore b/c I have bum ear. It's a drag only being able to wear one HA.

I don't have a volume control, I havnt since digital came out ( pouts) I used and abused it lol.
I really did have a long day, oops I think I missed words everywhere lol. Pain in ear is from too much noise and then straining over and over in the cycle yesterday, and trying to get used to it. That ear is more sensitive ever since I had really bad ear infection and ruptured ear drum last year.

I don't have a volume control, I havnt since digital came out ( pouts) I used and abused it lol.
I really did have a long day, oops I think I missed words everywhere lol. Pain in ear is from too much noise and then straining over and over in the cycle yesterday, and trying to get used to it. That ear is more sensitive ever since I had really bad ear infection and ruptured ear drum last year.

OUCH! I am always leaving words out when typing. I will think the word in my mind but forget to type it. Getting old stink ! I bet that hurt having wear a HA with ear that had an infection . I am getting pains in my left ear right now , crap . I am running out of ears. And you can't wear a HA in your nose
so if I keep getting pains in my left ear and my right ear is no good I am screwed . I hope you'll feel after a good night sleep .

Lol nope can't wear hearing aid in nose. Hope your ear stops paining. I couldn't wear my hearing aid or actually fit it in my ear for 3 months. I wasn't allowed to wear it in the beginning. I lost all hearing it was so badly infected and swollen I had to get it suctioned then I got the rupture of ear drum. All healed now but it's never been the same, it gets sore real quick and always has this real doey feeling deep inside, plus tinnitus way worse in that ear.

THREE months? ouch.

I once had a double outer ear infection- both ears swelled so badly I couldn't get my hearing aids in at all. It was an .. interesting week to say the least (I was medically excused from work for 3 days I think it was- that job relied heavily on hearing...). Dinner time was interesting..my poor grandmother.. she tried SO hard with 'enunciating' so I could lipread her (I fail miserably at that anyway). Took a while too before the earmolds would fit comfortably again too.

It was a really difficult time that's for sure. Gosh you poor thing having two out at once yuk. I really hated it, the worst I think was getting the ent to suction my extremely painful swollen ear, I ended up having to get a local anesthetic injected into the ear canal! Ouch indeed! After that it was a lot better except it made my head spin 100 mile an hour. But he said it was the needle or I had go into theatre be put out to it cause it had to he done.

that sucks!!!!!!! if you wanna go volume wheeler, you might wanna go Chili if your hearing loss is mostly like some of us.
(for me, my hearing loss is totally WEIRD!!!)
why? earwax and look at my status since '13 below.

Chili was recommended as one option for me yesterday. We'll see.

Chili was recommended as one option for me yesterday. We'll see.

go 4 it if you want it!!!! I have that wheeler feature on my 1st hearing aid in which still works!!!! (I saved the left one for my bad side as a spare since my 2nd pair is crap with the music sounding in my mom's car)

I might want the Chili or Sensei if my hearing is in a good/neutral range ;)

i saw my dr today got her to check my ear told her bout the trouble with the settings and my ear being sore ever since, i have fluid behind my ear drums left is worse then right ear. explains all the pain and pressure and not hearing as well.

i saw my dr today got her to check my ear told her bout the trouble with the settings and my ear being sore ever since, i have fluid behind my ear drums left is worse then right ear. explains all the pain and pressure and not hearing as well.

that sucks! I had suffered from excessive earwax though (yuck)
my left is worse in the lower tones since it's profound.

Back