Linux programming

fw001

Reaction score
Hiya..
Anybody around here doing NTPL programming on the linux platform? I'm getting ready to write some server software and am contemplating using NTPL as opposed to pthreads..

C'mon, is everyone focusing too much on religion and being gay, to donate some intelligence to this forum? :thumb:

fw001 said:
C'mon, is everyone focusing too much on religion and being gay, to donate some intelligence to this forum? :thumb:

Er...I have done lots of work with computers and I have installed several versions of linux on my laptop and I love Perl and Ruby and I have even heard of pthreads but NTPL?? I googled this and I think you meant NPTL...Posix thread library... I still don't know much about it.

You might want to go to a "geekier" forum to get some answers...

Oops didnt notice my typos.. yeah, NPTL. Slackware 10.2 now comes with NPTL.. so I'm interested in writing a server that utilizes that library. Just turning into a chore finding anyone else (even on irc) that has done any coding with it. Hoping to chat with someone who has, so I dont wind up making whatever common programming mistakes with that lib that are out there.

Geekier forum - perhaps, but it'd be pretty cool to find other deaf/hh people who can do stuff like this! Got any suggestions?

sr171soars said:
Er...I have done lots of work with computers and I have installed several versions of linux on my laptop and I love Perl and Ruby and I have even heard of pthreads but NTPL?? I googled this and I think you meant NPTL...Posix thread library... I still don't know much about it.

You might want to go to a "geekier" forum to get some answers...

fw001 said:
Geekier forum - perhaps, but it'd be pretty cool to find other deaf/hh people who can do stuff like this! Got any suggestions?

Wish I did...sorry about that. I you like to chat about Linux in general that be cool. Not that I'm the most knowledgable guy around with it.

Back