Laws Needed

Oh, I am not saying end the program. Just, make it elective and not mandatory.

Sorry, my bad. I suppose, I was reading too much into between the lines, ha. But, yeah, to allow it become elective would be wonderful. It would be a start.

Sorry, my bad. I suppose, I was reading too much into between the lines, ha. But, yeah, to allow it become elective would be wonderful. It would be a start.

I'm pretty sure it is n elective in most schools here. The sections rarely fill though.

I'm pretty sure it is n elective in most schools here. The sections rarely fill though.

Really? It gets full here pretty quick at Eastern KY Univ, U of K, U of Louisville, Western KY univ and even at Indiana Univ. I teach ASL for the community once a week and you'd not believe how quick people sign up for it.

Really? It gets full here pretty quick at Eastern KY Univ, U of K, U of Louisville, Western KY univ and even at Indiana Univ. I teach ASL for the community once a week and you'd not believe how quick people sign up for it.

Cool!

I propose two laws and would like to hear of other laws needed to protect the deaf.

First: I think they should ban cash registers that do not visually show the price.

Second: I believe that all gradeschool children should be required to pass minimal standards of sign language.

Yes to the 1st; no to the 2nd. If the kids don't use ASL regularly they'll soon forget it. Harassment laws should be strengthened.

Back