Last Movie You Watched?

Hangover part 2, really good, funny.
not as good as the first but still enjoyable

Hangover part 2, really good, funny.
not as good as the first but still enjoyable

I love watching movies and watch lots each week. My genre preference is Horrors, loves them to death! :) Although tonight we had some more suitable family type movies we watched 'The Wolves of Willoughby Chase' very old family movie about an evil governess, it was ok. Then we watched 'Source Code' which I kinda liked bit of a more scifi version of groundhog day lol.

Earlier rewatched some of the Twilight movies to get myself ready for the new movie :)

The last movie I watched was A Princess for Christmas on the Hallmark channel a few hours ago. I did not care for the movie too much. It said it was going to be a comedy, but it was not funny at all. :/

Understood. I watch the extras on the DVD after watching the movie and learned that it was the author's best friend who directed the movie and the author was there for the entire filming. I understand that editing has to be done when making an hour and a half movie based on a 300+ page book. On the other hand, because you read the book, you know what events happened chronologically so when it didnt follow the same chronology in the film, it was just noticeable but it didn't detract from what a great film it was.

There are only three movies I've seen in my life that was EXACTLY as how I visualized it when I read the books, To Kill a Mockingbird, Of Mice and Men and The Grapes of Wrath. And it's wild that two of those movies were by the same author, John Steinbeck, who is one of my favourite writers.

Love all three! 1984 also very true to novel.

Hostel 3 - One of the better direct-to-video releases. While Hostel 2 did give insight into the whole EHC, I felt like it lacked originality and seemed to mimic Hostel too much. The third installment feels fresh for many reasons - New country/location, new characters, new rules, perhaps? The torture scenes didn't really go for the jugular or impress me but the story itself has a few twists and turns that caught me off guard. Worth renting.

Final Destination 5 - I like how this film brought the series back full circle and connected these characters with those in the original. I wasn't aware this installment would be a prequel. Pleasantly surprised. I like all of these films equally honestly. This installment did have some wooden performances though. Emma Bell, for example. Girl kicked ass in Frozen but she is horrible here.

Drive
The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia
The Wackness
Contagion
Tucker and Dale Vs Evil

Likely end up watching Warrior or Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (Depending if someone uploads subtitles) tonight.

Europa Europa

Last movie I watched was Europa Europa. It's not a film I would choose myself but it was given to me by a friend who thought I would like it. It's a German film made in 1990 and it based on a true story of how a Jewish boy survived WWII as a German soldier. Before my friend gave it to me, I had never heard of it. Has anyone here on AD seen it?
europa-europa-1990-ws-french-r2-front-cover-55407.jpg

havent seen it, but what did you think of it?
i *THINK* i may have seen it on tv once a long time ago like as if flicking thru channels got bored as i missed most parts and carried on with other channel but i cant be sure...

i like 'unsual films' that is, characters whose not a hero, or anti hero, just someone happened to be there...

havent seen it, but what did you think of it?
i *THINK* i may have seen it on tv once a long time ago like as if flicking thru channels got bored as i missed most parts and carried on with other channel but i cant be sure...

i like 'unsual films' that is, characters whose not a hero, or anti hero, just someone happened to be there...

Grummer: This is very much a story about a boy who just happened to be there - not a brave hero, but someone trying to survive by being someone he wasn't. It's quite funny in places. I'm not a fan of war movies and get bored watching yet another film about Nazis - why aren't there more films about WWI instead? - but I enjoyed this one. I'd rate it 3 stars out of 5.

Last night I enjoyed watching the movie, "Red Riding Hood" that was not too bad. Love to see the snow fairy tale, it is perfect on winter time.

Back